Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Re: Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post by Purplegoo »

Don__Vito wrote:(On a side not, has anyone got a Flame Bowl dug out they'd part with, I quite fancy a matching pair. PM me...)
I'll swap you for a pitch, I really wanted me one of those, they were gorgeous! :lol:

Nick's right, the skill set was bang on; everyone had a different opinion, which was ace and very good fun. I'd take my lineup again in a heartbeat, and I'm in no doubt Jim would continue to shout at me / disagree. That adds up to a great ruleset for me, disagreement!

And I never have issues with scoring systems; if I want to stop losing out on bonus points, I need to modify and embrace them, simples, it's more how I play than anything else. Like failing a GFI in T16 - you left yourself that GFI, blame yourself, n00blegoo! Matt and the Geordies did the job, big grats. If anything, it was our own faults for scoring too many TDs and having to play Paincake again - we'll know for next time, 1-0 FTW! :D

Reason: ''
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I think the rules set was good as well. Everyone had there own idea's of what was a good roster. You didn't get the same skills on all the teams which you get at some events.

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Have to agree with everybody, huge success as last year. Welldone matt and geordies, and big congrats to all of us for raising so much money!

The team aspect is mad and something I’ll always enjoy, it keeps you invested in the games next to you which is ace! I nearly cried when petew stabbed the basket with all of our eggs in to death.

And nicks spot on about the rulespack. The fact that he thinks +ST is an auto choice, yet other top players wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole means the price is perfect, it forces you into a decision.

I have the con.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Jimjimjimany wrote:Have to agree with everybody, huge success as last year. Welldone matt and geordies, and big congrats to all of us for raising so much money!

The team aspect is mad and something I’ll always enjoy, it keeps you invested in the games next to you which is ace! I nearly cried when petew stabbed the basket with all of our eggs in to death.

And nicks spot on about the rulespack. The fact that he thinks +ST is an auto choice, yet other top players wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole means the price is perfect, it forces you into a decision.
STAB!

Apologies to all of Pancake, but especially Nick for being obnoxiously loud. :D

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Looks like the rules tweaks did improve the rules, looked like it was a lot warmer than last year as well!

Still not a fan of stat increases in tournaments though.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

I really don't think the stat increases were as bad as were made out, like everyone who went said, it wasn't an autochoice with the new points weightings and was IMHO a success. Only one +ST, a few +MA, maybe a couple of +AG certainly doesn't break things in my eyes.

ninjahamster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ninjahamster »

mumbojumboist wrote:Thanks Mark, a great weekend.

I played some top coaches, most of whom I hadn't played before which ws nice.

I think you have the rulespack pretty much down pat as well. I checked the rosters on the Saturday and I think I was the only one to take +ST.
I took +1St on a wardancer too, unfortunately he was rarely on the pitch to enjoy it.

Couldn't Score in a Brothel (least touchdowns) - Waterbowl 2010
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Really great to hear people saying they enjoyed themselves as much as I did! I've just popped into GW to thank them for their donations, and saw James from Flame On C playing another game with his skaven - he was really loving it and said he had a blast at his first tourney, which is the kind of thing that makes it worthwhile for me - along with the charity money raised, obviously!

A few facts and figures from the weekend:

Individual Standings

WilburS, Valen, Jordell and Nippy/Russell also played, but did not play all 6 games.

Team Standings

PPP and Team Merkin had their round 5 and 6 scores factored up as they were a player down each.

Team TDs

Team Cas

Only blocking cas counted

Racial Stats

Where less than 6 games were played with a certain team, a single game average was taken from games played and multiplied by 6.

Pics, and charity total, by tomorrow hopefully. Also Dave has the results and is keying them as we speak...

That's huge
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Any spare dug outs Nipples? Would be glad to add to the charity total if you've one to send up here?

ninjahamster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ninjahamster »

Woo, I came higher than Geoff - time to retire from Bloodbowl :)

Couldn't Score in a Brothel (least touchdowns) - Waterbowl 2010
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Don - Yup, drop me a PM with your address and I'll post you it. I'll chuck a couple of quid in the money tin and you can stand me a pint next time we're at a tourney together :D

That's huge
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

dIDN'T REALISE THAT THE ppp WERE SECOND ON CASUALTIES!!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Wightlord wrote:To be honest I'd have rather got the Rim Raiders up a couple of places than win it individually (mainly because I remember the bitching by the "power" players aimed at Joemanji for winning last year).
Last year I played Sizzling Grom, Al the Trowel, Stick, you, Lycos and Grumbledook. Hardly a chump surf. People need to check their facts. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I let you draw the last game to win overall though cause you were whining about it, I could have pulled a pippy like he did to sailorsid :lol:

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Great stuff, Mark. Those are some interesting stats.