Anybody play halflings?

Moderator: TFF Mods

keepfishinweezer

Anybody play halflings?

Post by keepfishinweezer »

Hey all, i am just going into BB (hopefully i will get enough money spare next month, and my strained arm :pissed: will have got better. So does anyone play halflngs, be it for winning, or having a laugh, or whatever. I really like the idea of them (im not particually a person who goes out to win). So, does anybody play them, and why?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Do a search, and you'll find Galak's guide to playing 'flings (and he plays them very well).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
keepfishinweezer

now this is a newbies question if ever there was one.... how do you make a search :roll: :roll: :roll:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

:D Click on the search button just under the talkbloodbowl name in the top right hand corner of the page.
Enter in the fields you want to search for, in this case "Halflings" as subject and "GalakStarscraper" as Author, and you'll get a list of all of Galak's posts contaning Halfling. Browse through them from neest backwards, I think it's called "galak's halfling playbook" or something close to that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And in case you can't find it - TA DA!!

viewtopic.php?t=7779

keepfishinweezer

that's brilliant, thanks alot. I was also thinking of maybe starting with Dark Elves or Wood Elves ( :P (, or Skaven. Thanks again

Alesdair
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

subject?

Post by Alesdair »

*Blatent excuse to do a first post and test icon and sig*

Yes i've played 'flings, but only with Deathzone rules...
and yes i've had a lot of success with them...

but you really have to not care about them AT ALL because they will die... :cry:

Pass me another Elf, Captain. This one's split.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Dark Elves. They are superior BB players to everyone. They are your only serious choice.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

NightDragon wrote:Dark Elves. They are superior BB players to everyone. They are your only serious choice.
Unless they get their ass kicked! :wink: Happens to me all the time, but then, maybe I'm not that good a coach (see the Sig) :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Starblayde
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Starblayde »

Fling's are like Gobbos in WFB, if you can get into their character and background fluff, but dont mind things going wrong a bit/some/all of the time, then they're a real fun team to play wth. If you lose, its because everyone is bigger than you. If you win, its because they're the best! : :D

Silvermane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Silvermane »

Hi

My son plays a Halfling team, the Little Chefs, and he plays them very well! In the early stages of our league, he wiped the floor with most of us. The keys to his success as far as I can figure it out are:

1) Stay away from anything bigger than me. He would always try to leave at least square between himself and anybody else at Kick Off time. This meant that it was impossible to hit him easily on first turn (apart form a Blitz).

2) Mug 'em. Be prepared to commit a lot of little guys to ,mugging someone important (like the Ball carrier)

3) The Treeman gambit. Always keep a halfling as ammo next to one of them, and allow a chain of guys l;eading up to the ammo so that the ball can be quickly passed to the ammo and then flung up towards the enemy end zone. A quick pass, a hand-off and then surround the ammo with defence. Next turn, toss him into the air.

Just my observations. I started to get hte hang of his game plan and started looking for ammo placement and as soon as the guys started hanging around the treemen they became valid targets - heh heh heh :wink:

Let us know how your games are going. Halflings are a lot of fun to play against, and fun/heartbreaking to play - they do break easily!

----
"Just what is it that you slip on when you roll a 1 for a Go For It?"
Eastbourne BloodBowl League
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

After 10 games, the Iron Chefs are now at 4 wins - 6 losses.

The more important tale of the team ... 16 TDs scored vs 19 allowed. The other thing to remember ... Flings break easy no matter who coaches them. The Iron Chefs have suffered 35 CAS in those 10 games.

Galak

Silvermane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Silvermane »

35 Casualties! <weeps uncontrollably in a corner>

----
"Just what is it that you slip on when you roll a 1 for a Go For It?"
Eastbourne BloodBowl League
JasonC