A couple quick Newbie questions...

Moderator: TFF Mods

Slim Shady
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Wiesbaden Deutschland... birthplace of the Headless Horseman!

A couple quick Newbie questions...

Post by Slim Shady »

Yesterday I played my first game of Blood Bowl with a friend of mine using the teams from the boxed game. As we were looking through the rules we noticed it said knockdowns caused a turnover, considering that the linemen seemed to be knocking each other all over the place we assumed this meant if the model carrying the ball was knocked down (since he'd drop it). It seemed to us that not a lot would be accomplished in a turn if everytime one of your linemen got smashed your turn was over. Since it doesn't specify the model w/the ball though we weren't sure but we figured that's what the rules meant. Is this correct?

Also, for future reference:
:smoking:
Is this the Charles Nelson Riley Smiley?
Or the Bob Smiley?
You decide.
8)

Reason: ''
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

No everytime one of your players goes down )ball or no ball) your turn is over. It's designed that because if not people would simply throw blocks all day and worry about the abll until they had hurt as many opponents as they could.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

It's not referring to the person who's not moving. It was referring to the moving team. Any time a player from the moving team goes down, that person's turn is over. It doesn't matter if the person has the ball or not of if it resulted from a block or a failed GFI. The moving team can keep knocking over the other person's players until all his players have moved once each or one of the things on the turnover table occur.

Have fun!
Pritchard
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pritchard »

it makes it much of strategic and costly at times. even the best laid plans can be smashed when a block or a dodge roll is failed. many a time have i been left with cages half open because i didnt plan approprately and a player just couldnt make it into position. and with only 4 minutes a turn, as a beginer this can make propper plannign very difficult i feel. so recoving players, moveing, attempt to move the ball, then block is my prefered order of operations unless i have something specific in mind

mommy took me to communist cell meetings when i was a kid.
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=37fc5c2a-7aed-3bfc-1dc2-5c6f71f87cea&size=sm[/img]
NUFFLE SUCKS!

Novice Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Slim Shady
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Wiesbaden Deutschland... birthplace of the Headless Horseman!

Post by Slim Shady »

I guess that makes sense looking back on it - we were smashing people all over the place. In fact (I had the human team) I had 7 players in the Dead & Injured box by the end of the game. I guess w/the knockdown rule you build a strategy off tackle zones, etc. Thanks, should be more interesting next time.
8)

Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

whats the headless horseman ??? :o

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Became famous in the movie "Sleepy Hollow"

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

It's an old American folk tale/ghost story.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Arkan wrote:whats the headless horseman ??? :o
Seriously Abridged version of the story:

http://www.markbinder.com/bedtime/sleepyhollow.htm

The full version of the original 1917 short story with pictures from the Disney animated version:

http://ravenscroft.jstudios.com/sleepyhollow/

Galak

Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

and the chap is from Wiesbaden ... :o