2nd Edition figures?

Moderator: TFF Mods

skaldrik
Rookie
Rookie

2nd Edition figures?

Post by skaldrik »

Hey Guys,
what is all the talk about how cool it is to own some 2nd Edition figures, they look quite crap to be honest.

Cheers

Reason: ''
Ha, ha, ha, whatcha laughing at ?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I think the reason a lot of people like them (myself included) is because they look like BB players, not someone whose has wandered off the nearest battlefield. Yes, some of them are crude compared to models made today, but the fit the idea of BB as a sport better than most 3rd ed. figures.
That's why the new figures coming out now are good, because they're a throwback to this style.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Personally, I think the second edition Elves and Skaven look better. I can also understand people that prefer the Dwarves to 3rd ed. I can agree that some of the other races don't look so hot, though.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Then there's the whole collectibe/geek factor...or hadn't you noticed that? :wink:

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Re: 2nd Edition figures?

Post by Tim »

skaldrik wrote:what is all the talk about how cool it is to own some 2nd Edition figures, they look quite crap to be honest.
Finally i get company ! I'm not alone anymore! :D :D

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

Skummy wrote:Personally, I think the second edition Elves and Skaven look better.
Likewise. There are some brilliant 2nd ed figs, though some look quite crap. But hey, some of the newer figs do too...

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

Well... The Blood Bowl miniatures I like the most are those which are converted... Those are the only one which really look like blood bowl players. The ciberfantasy stuff doesn't buy me... The miniatures I saw lack the basic part of a bloodbowl player: Shoulderpads. And the shoulderpads are too tiny or too weird on those which actually have any.
But I love that 2nd ed. Skaven Thrower. And the big hatted blokes too.

Sushé, the elfhater
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

2ed 3rd new realeses it doesn't mater to me if they look like crap I won't buy them but if they look cool I want them. There are figures from all editions that I like and there are figures from all editons that I really don't like.

ImageImage