Save My Humans...

Moderator: TFF Mods

mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Save My Humans...

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Ok, just started a league and had to basically play with the models I had painted... 12 humans, the team you get in the box set. So...

2 x Thrower
2 x Catcher
2 x Blitzer
6 x Lineman

4 x Re-Roll
4 x Fan Factor (now gone up to 5)

In my first couple of games I got a bit of a battering, 1 thrower died (but i bought him back with my winnings) and I've had a few missing games. Other than that everyone is in tact.

I realise this isn't a great team to start with, but it's too late now! What should be my next plan of action? An ogre to stop myself getting beaten up? An Apothecary to save some guys?

Any general advice as well would be great!

Reason: ''
Cypher
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cypher »

I'm a newbie and I play with a human team, that is a perfect starting team for newbies! But I suggest you to take a big big ogre, he can make the difference!
Little OT: when I bought my human team, in the box there are:

1 x Thrower
2 x Catcher
3 x Blitzer
6 x Lineman

curious... :D

[b][size=125][color=red]+CYPHER+[/size][/color][/b]
"Praise Nuffle and you'll win!"
[b]SIDE JUDGE, Reformed Church of Nuffle[/b]
Manager of [b]TALABHEIM TACKLERS[/b], [b]BREGHOVEN BRIGADES[/b] and [b]BADLANDS WILDBOARS[/b]
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Veteran human player here - take an ogre asap - He'll fill in some gaps while you get the other 2 blitzers...

Good news is you already have 4 re-rolls, which is sweet :D

OT: In the BLOODBOWL box you get a plastic human sprue -

2 catchers
2 throwers
2 blitzers
6 linemen

mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Sorry... yeah it was the Blood Bowl box. I'm playing my first games for years, and in those days it was the only human team around!

Ok... I bought the Orge figure yesterday (with real money) so shall start saving up with him (with Blood Bowl money) as soon as possible!

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

My Warlords have been playing for 8 years with those models.... :D

And the old spikey ball - which has been used so much the spikes have worn off :o

I worry that 2 throwers is an over investment....

mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Oh ok. That was part of the probelm at the beginning, as 2 throwers were part of 12 painted models. I've since painted up some more so can start picking and choosing. So if a thrower we to die again, should I stick with one?

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

I would only have one until I had all my blitzers and my ogre...

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

I agree with the plan to get the blitzers first.

After that, I would get the second thrower again. For one, it gives you some more flexibility against teams with kick. On the other hand you could also develop one as a defensive type of thrower, so that when you achieve a turnover while playing defense, you have more options.

mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Ok cool. So hwat shal I go for first.... more blitzers? Or an Ogre?

harley_topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harley_topper »

First of all you need an apoth.

Then I would by the blitzers. They are the keyplayers in your team. They can act as catchers (because they have the MA) and they may help you grinding some opponents down (they have block and access to strength skills, mighty blow an guard are usefull).

The ogre is a good choice but on this team you need some players that really help you.
So I vote for apoth. first then blitzers.

los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

I would also take a apo first!! I will save you a lot of money. And I would have started with more fan factor!! 4 isn't enough and if you have bad luck it will drop to 2 or 1 and then it will take a very long time to develop your team!! So first buy a apo after that buy positional players!!

LOCO
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Go for the Apothecary first, and then get the Ogre. The blitzers and replacement of aged/niggled players can come after that. If you're in a bashy league, have your blitzers take guard as their first skill, and options will open up for you pretty quickly.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Apoth 1st then start saving money for a blitz. However if you end up with enough for an Ogre buy him instead.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Excellent. And in terms of skills what should I be giving to who? I gave one of my blitzers Mighty Blow, but thats the only players who's had a role so far. What about the rest of the players, what should I give them?

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Give at least 2 bltizers tackle and all of them guard. Doubles Stand Firm, Dodge or Dauntless.

Catchers - doubles Dauntless. or Nerves of Steel. Block as 1st normal skill, then side step. Interesting alternatives are strip ball, shadowing or diving tackle.

Throwers - accurate & strong arm on one, block, accurate & Nerves on steel on the other.

Linemen - give 1 kick, 1/2 dirty player and the rest block. Doubles either leader or guard.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams