Intro and pitch Q's

Moderator: TFF Mods

Freshmetal
Experienced
Experienced

Intro and pitch Q's

Post by Freshmetal »

Hi everyone, recently got into BB after finding some of my brothers old 2nd Ed. models in my attic. I've bought the game and managed a few games with friends, and now have bought and begun painting my first offical team (humans btw). Now I am looking to make a new pitch (not a stadium) and wondered if anyone had any tips. I am planning to get a GW gaming mat and attach it to a baseboard... Any one know an easier/better way? And any tips on how to put the markings on well?

Thanks in advance :smoking:

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Make a search! (Before someone shouts at you :wink: )

There was an article on making a pitch in one of the BB mags (4? 5? Don't have them to hand at the moment). See if you can get a copy, or if it's OOP, ask if it's possible to get a xerox of it.

If you decide to make your own, measure carefully. If you measure the GW board square by square, you'll notice they're not all the same size.

Good luck.

P.S. Welcome

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

A big piece of styrofoam, painted and sculpted with a hot iron. As for markings in either case. Spray paint for the green, and brush on paint for the rest.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Unless you are very concerned don't get too worried about square sizes - just ensure that you change the range ruler to fit your scale (no reason why you can't have squares 1 1/2" across to fit the big guys in easier)

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Only problem with that is that he needs to make a whole new passing ruler. Which should not really be that hard, get some clear plastic and paint it.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.