New to forum, tournies, but not BloodBowl!

Moderator: TFF Mods

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

New to forum, tournies, but not BloodBowl!

Post by noodle »

Hi guys and gals...

I'm new on the forum, but can be found with the same username regularly lurking (if not posting) on the WPS boards. I have been playing an dleague commissionering (sp?) Blood Bowl for ten years (!) and have run about 30 or so leagues and quite a few cups :)

The highest team rating ever reached in one of our leagues was 600+ - after that we generally reset at a max of 300, after all we've "done" the "lets see how far I can push it" :D

Since 1997 I have run "The Albion League" at Sheffield University http://usitweb.shef.ac.uk/~wargamessoc/whfb/bb.html and its still going strong... In all I am a statistics freak and reckon I have played over 1000 games of competetive Blood Bowl... You'd think I'd be quite good by now....

Now I am 25 and have left Uni I am looking forward to entering the "tournament circuit" now I can afford it. I will be going to the WPS GT in Bristol next month and intend on going to the Tournie in Loughborough in August - with my Dad, who has played as many games as I have!

Oh yeah - and I won the Student Nationals Blood Bowl competition and Sheffield won the whole event this year - hence we are running it next April (And I'm running the Blood Bowl)

So - What are BB tournies like - I've only been to a small one though I have attended WHFB tournaments before... Also - how often do people go? Who are the usual suspects? And what is NAF sanctioning?

Ta...

D.

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Welcome to the board. The NAF site is http://www.bloodbowl.net and they provide a mechanism for ranking coaches and black blocking dice.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

WELCOME!!!!

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: New to forum, tournies, but not BloodBowl!

Post by Deathwing »

Hey, welcome. :)
noodle wrote:So - What are BB tournies like - I've only been to a small one though I have attended WHFB tournaments before... Also - how often do people go? Who are the usual suspects? And what is NAF sanctioning?
'What are BB tournies like?'....Friendly, beery and hugely addictive.
Have a browse through the Tourney and Archive sections for post tourney write ups and game reports. If you want to put faces to names of the usual suspects there's quite a few tourney photos in the 'Events Gallery' on the Wodell site.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Cool... :D

Our league has always thought itself (rather pompously) very good - so I'd like to see how others play the game...

As a note - I'm going to the WPS GT in Bristol in July, and probably to Britcon (with my Dad :D) in August.

I'll be playing the Phoenix Phantoms - my high elves (in red and white strip....

Say hi if you're going ...

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Did you play against the ECBBL boyz at WPS CC? If so, you'll see that, according to the NAF, we have 6 of the top 7 spots for UK based coaches. :D Admittedly that isn't based on a large number of games but ought to give you a good idea.

Even if you didn't play any of us we are sending a few players to the GT so you may run into us there.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

You lot get bloody everywhere :lol: :D :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

I'll look out for you :wink:

Didn't go to the CC - In fact I've nly ever been to one BB tournament - this years Student Nats - which I won. Our league is part of Sheffield Uni Wargames soc, so lives and has lived a rather insular life over the last 6 years....

A bit like England refusing to go to the world cup in the fifties (or whenever) becasue we were too good... :lol:

Although I can gaurantee I have seen everything in Blood Bowl (or have I?)

Eventually (when I leave the uni club!) I'll probably end up as a Dragon Slayer :D