Minatours

Moderator: TFF Mods

romolus
Rookie
Rookie

Minatours

Post by romolus »

If my minatour gets a double on his first skill roll and takes stand firm can i do this.

If he is swamped by players can i declare a blitz dodge away and if fail use stand firm to not turn over.

I probably would not do this as it is not in the spirit of the game , but i wondered if it was possible.

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

This has been proposed before. I'd rule no. It's not in the spirit of the game and I'd use the exact wording of the skill description to support my arguement.
In addition, if a standing Wild Animal is adjacent to a standing player from the opposing team then they must take either a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player.
LRB pg 26

They may make a blitz action, throwing the block first at the adjacent player and then continuing to use up their MA but I think that the adjacent player is what provokes them and they are not going to have the forethought to dodge a space away to blitz. I'd say that the
throw a block at an adjacent player
portion of the above statement is an imperative and needs to be read literally in the instance of this skill.

Have fun!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Imo it's a correct suggestion, as long as you declare the blitz.
However, I agree it's diffenetly not in the spirit of the game, and I'd not want to play anyone who did it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
romolus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by romolus »

Yeah i feel the same but some players i play against use the blitz and dodge action to get st6 with horns if you put a mummy on them.

Thanks for the comments.

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

IMHO it's a loophole and there will be coaches who want to exploit this. It's getting even more beardy when they dodge out, move back and forth, wasting movemment in order NOT to throw the second frenzy block. It would be last game I'd play against that coach.
But this needs clarifiaction in the rules-text, though.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

However, with stand firm, as they stay in the square they started in, would they still have to throw the block (at ST5 as they haven't moved), or would the fact they "failed" the dodge, mean that player's action is over?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

His action ends and he cannot do anything else in that turn.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bah, should make him throw the unfavourable block, that'll teach him :pissed:

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

if he doesn't make the block its an illegal proceedure, he HAS to make the block, there is no option not to

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

if he declares a blitz, announces his target, dodges out, fails and remains standing due to stand firm, his action ends before it's resolved. That's not illegal. He could say he tried but rolled badly...

It's an illegal procedure when he does not declare a blitz and does something else or something before that with an other player.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Is the wild animal dodging away to blitz in the BBRC hotlist for this year? If not it should be.

ImageImage
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

I'm not sure but I think so.

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I'm certain it is.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Actually I think Narcotic got it right

LRB pp 37:

Stand Firm (Strength Trait)
... In addition, the player does not fall over if he fails a Dodge roll. Although the player stays on his feet, he must return to his starting square. His action ends and he may do nothing else that turn. A turnover, however, does not take place.

So if you fail a dodge on a blitz action you don't get to make the block.

However

LRB pp 26

Wild Animal
... In addition, if a standing Wild Animal is adjacent to a standing player from the opposing team then they must take either a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player.

So if a WA fails to dodge its a violation of the rules (not an IP - that's only if they fail to go first).

So I'd think that a WA cannot dodge away - because if he fails he can't make the block which he must make.

Regardless this is such a tenuous line that I'd get a house rule on it first.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Weav
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Weav »

I'm a firm believer in playing by the book, even if it is based on poor wording. This way, you do not have to rely on rules interpertations, just the pure wording in the rules. I would say what he is doing is legal, yet against the 'idea' of the rule.

One thing that burns me up about GW games is their lack of clarification. I know they cannot be expected to be perfect, but one should be able to expect a low level of mistakes.