Couple of rules questions and how can you stop the Lizards

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aussie
Experienced
Experienced

Couple of rules questions and how can you stop the Lizards

Post by Aussie »

As you can probably guess from the subject heading i was put to the sword by the evil lizards. My poor old high elfs were being exterminated by the evil skinks & Sauruses. new starting teams i tried dodgeing away from the saurus and skink bashing but the saurus are so quick for their strength and procedded to drop my players to the floor. then after this the annoying skinks foul me off the pitch. anyone have any ideas cos i have a re-match comming up at the weekend and i don't want to be drubbed again. my team is made up of 11 linemen and 2 dragon warriors now.

also a couple of rules questions.
if a ball is lying on the pitch and someone is blocked and pushed onto the balls square does the player have a chance to pick it up?
if a player fails to catch a ball and it scatters to his teammate who is stood next to him is it a turnover?
can you pick the ball up and pass it in one turn?

Reason: ''
Laughing hysterically at your opponent's turnover suddenly increases the odds of you failing your first action by 100%
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Couple of rules questions and how can you stop the Lizar

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Aussie wrote: if a ball is lying on the pitch and someone is blocked and pushed onto the balls square does the player have a chance to pick it up?
No.
Aussie wrote:if a player fails to catch a ball and it scatters to his teammate who is stood next to him is it a turnover?
No. On a hand off or pass only a loss of possession (or fumble) is a turnover.
Aussie wrote:can you pick the ball up and pass it in one turn?
Yes. Picking up the ball is not an action.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Oki, let's talk about lizards...Your main objective should be to get those damn skinks! :evil: After all they're the only one who can play the ball. The problem is of course the st4 saurus between them and you.
First of all, it depends of the skills you have. Having a couple of player with tackle is nice. If you don't, use your dragon. Block still gives you 2 chances out of 6 to get them down (pow and block).
Now,your opponent needs 2 turn to score. With move 8, when a skink is 5 squares into your half, he can score next turn. So he will probably form a cage around that part in your half and open it to score.
So i would try to divide his forces. With AG1, a saurus can't really dodge. Try to fix his saurus by laying tackle zones on them. A 2 dice block is always tempting, but without block you might get a good turnover. :evil:
On the other side, put a wall of players in front of his cage. Being 1 square in front of the cage is just a pain for your opponent. The way you put your players depends on the route the skink has to take to score. Just try to put as many tacle zone as you can on that way, always thinking after your opponent has done his blitz. Don't worry, you can always dodge away from saurus to delay another turn.
And foul him every time he fouls you! :evil: Retaliation man!
hope this makes a bit of sense :lol:

Next time I win !!!
Aussie
Experienced
Experienced

attacking those pesky lizards

Post by Aussie »

the main problem i had stemmed from me trying to attack. i tried to get the linemen to pin the saurus whilst getting a little box to prevent skink rush an wheel round but the saurus just floor the line men and blitz my box and i lost 2 players on my first drive up the field. how else can i get up there?

Laughing hysterically at your opponent's turnover suddenly increases the odds of you failing your first action by 100%
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Dodge away from his Sauruses. Then he can only hit you once/turn with his blitz.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL