what happens when an ability score is reduced to 0

Moderator: TFF Mods

neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

what happens when an ability score is reduced to 0

Post by neilnickson »

What happens if a serious injury result brings an ability score down to zero. Specifically a Saurus I blocked received a -1Ag result taking him from 1 to 0. Does he have to retire? Or can he no longer do ag related things such as walking and breathing at the same time? Or is the result just ignored?

Reason: ''
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

You'll see replies pointing in all directions. However, I think that most people agree that a characteristic value cannot go under zero. The BBRC (blood Bowl review comitee) will have an official answer in october. 'Till then, there's not a completely official explanation, and so you'll have to choose whichever option you like better.

Sushé, the elfhater
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I do believe it was offically answered last year?

It stays at one

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

2002 LRB answers: Can a stat be decreased below 1? Also there is no wording in the LRB about decreases of 2 being the max on the aging table (only the injury table has limiters defined as -2 max). What happens if an aging roll would decrease a stat more than 2 below its starting value?
BBRC response: No, a stat can never be reduced below 1 for any reason
Yup. The full list can be found at: http://www.midgardbb.com/BBRC_HotList2002.html

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Skummy wrote:
2002 LRB answers: Can a stat be decreased below 1? Also there is no wording in the LRB about decreases of 2 being the max on the aging table (only the injury table has limiters defined as -2 max). What happens if an aging roll would decrease a stat more than 2 below its starting value?
BBRC response: No, a stat can never be reduced below 1 for any reason
Yup. The full list can be found at: http://www.midgardbb.com/BBRC_HotList2002.html
This was not official. This was Chet Z.'s opinion. Next year, I'll make it more clear between Chet and official. This one is on the Hot List again this year under Text Clean-up so that it can be officially resolved.

Galak

neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

Thanks everyone, as it happens we decided to ignore the minus 1Ag, he got away lightly!!!!!! :smoking: