Big Guys

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lampreia
Rookie
Rookie

Big Guys

Post by Lampreia »

I'm new in this forum, and i'm playing BB for just a few months, and I've a question that affects me directly.

I've a Dark elf team in our champeonship and in the last game i feel the need of some weight in my team, the other player had always more strenght that a had in the line of scrimmage.

I think that Dark elves should have the opportunity to have a Minotaur to give them strenght (weight), to be able to oppose for instance a undead or chaos team.....

The amazons should (I think) be able to have a treemam to help them because if they face a chaos team or orc team or undead team, I'm sure they will suffer severe damage...

Best regards

JL

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Big Guys

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lampreia wrote:I've a Dark elf team in our champeonship and in the last game i feel the need of some weight in my team, the other player had always more strenght that a had in the line of scrimmage.
And you had more speed and agility ... you don't need more of what your opponent has you need to use your strengths to their weaknesses.
I think that Dark elves should have the opportunity to have a Minotaur to give them strenght (weight), to be able to oppose for instance a undead or chaos team.....
Dauntless on double ... dodge away so they have to blitz you to hit you ... if you are going toe to toe with a DE team to Undead or Chaos ... you are playing them wrong.
The amazons should (I think) be able to have a treemam to help them because if they face a chaos team or orc team or undead team, I'm sure they will suffer severe damage...
If ever there was a team that did not need a Big Guy it was the Amazon team. This team is as close to broken as it stands with its current roster.

Galak

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

GalakStarscraper wrote:If ever there was a team that did not need a Big Guy it was the Amazon team. This team is as close to broken as it stands with its current roster.

Galak
agree 100% with your comments on the dark elves, you beat me to them. However I don't think amazons are as tough as everybody else seems to think they are. They're supposed to be a speed/scoring team, but they're all ma6. Sure they start with dodge, and can get blk fast, but as long as you get tackle on a few guys it's not that huge.

Plus with ag3, they're going to fail some of those dodges if they get carried away with it and try to play elfball-style-defense, reroll or not.

Now, I'm not saying they suck, or that they need a big guy (I don't think they do). But I don't think they're "close to broken", either.

Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

wesleytj wrote:Now, I'm not saying they suck, or that they need a big guy (I don't think they do). But I don't think they're "close to broken", either.
I've been watching Chet Zeshonski and Brian Hixon play them in my league (two of the best coaches I've met in my life). Between them they've coached the race to 12 wins - 5 losses including this season's championship over a Dwarf team coached by the current NAF's world leader in Dwarf coaching (ie ... tackle didn't stop them like everyone says it should).

Now I'm not saying that the Amazon roster should be changed at all! I'm just saying they really don't need a Big Guy at all. If you want to play Amazons with Big Guys ... play the Lustrian roster which will probably be official in October (then you'll get a Kroxigor and an Ogre)

Galak

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I really deslike these new rosters with all stats equal....

For the amazons what I would like is to see rules for the unicorn... something like: cann't handle the ball, but may carry another player....

Joaquim

Lampreia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lampreia »

I think that the big guys that I feel could be introduced would not be the radical transformation inthe teams, just would leave an oppened door to a player that preferes e slower game.....after all the wood elves can have a treeman.........of course you can buy it or not......perhaps you always prefer another wardancer.....after all he moves better...

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I agree with Galak, Amazons don´t need Big Guys, they are quite capable of handling stronger players since they usually have a lot of guards and can dodge away.

Wesletj wrote:
They're supposed to be a speed/scoring team, but they're all ma6
Are they?
I never thought that and only play that way if i truly know i can get away with it.
I always looked at amazons as a defensive bashing/running team.

Wesletj wrote:
Plus with ag3, they're going to fail some of those dodges if they get carried away with it and try to play elfball-style-defense, reroll or not.
Thats true but for some reason you always seem to fail more dodges when playing elves.
The trick is to not dodge anymore than necessary.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Thats true but for some reason you always seem to fail more dodges when playing elves.
The trick is to not dodge anymore than necessary.
I disagree with this, dodge all u can, its a cornerstone of any skaven team i play and it works very well.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.