Wild Animal and turn overs

Moderator: TFF Mods

Primary_kilos
Rookie
Rookie

Wild Animal and turn overs

Post by Primary_kilos »

im new to the tabletop game and hoping to get some clarification regarding the wild animal skill as my google-fu has failed me.

If you fail the wild animal roll does it result in a turn over?

If it doesn't but you declared a Blitz action. Is the blitz lost for the turn or could I nominate another player to blitz?

Thanks in advance

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Wild Animal and turn overs

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Primary_kilos wrote:im new to the tabletop game and hoping to get some clarification regarding the wild animal skill as my google-fu has failed me.

If you fail the wild animal roll does it result in a turn over?

If it doesn't but you declared a Blitz action. Is the blitz lost for the turn or could I nominate another player to blitz?

Thanks in advance
No turnover ... this is because if you look at the list of what are Turnovers ... this is not on that list.

Your Blitz is lost ... a declared action not used is still lost. Just like if you need to dodge twice to throw the pass you wanted and you declare a Pass action and dodge and need to use a re-roll to not fail so you decide to not dodge again and not pass the ball ... the Pass action is still used even though you didn't actually throw the ball.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Primary_kilos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primary_kilos »

Thank you GalakStarscraper,

I had my first game at the local club last week agains an 'experienced' player, who basically said any failures result in a turnover (unless refilled to a success). Maybe my skaven should have had a few more turns then. NM lessons were learnt, like Skaven can't / shouldn't go toe to toe with orcs!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Primary_kilos wrote:Thank you GalakStarscraper,

I had my first game at the local club last week agains an 'experienced' player, who basically said any failures result in a turnover (unless refilled to a success). Maybe my skaven should have had a few more turns then. NM lessons were learnt, like Skaven can't / shouldn't go toe to toe with orcs!
No problems. Sorry to hear you were steered in the wrong direction. I helped write or revised most of the current rulebook so myself or a lot of other very good players can help you here with any questions.

On page 13 of the new rulebook is a list of 7 turnovers ... if it is not on that list ... it is not a turnover.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

...and Primary Kilos,

You absolutely do not want to go toe to toe with Orcs, or most other teams. Skaven are very good at targeting key players in surgical strikes with their Skaven blitzers, sometimes with a gutter runner scouting ahead for a much needed assist. With orcs, target their throwers, as the more the ball is on the ground, the more chance you have to dart in, pick it up, and run away. The longer you can stop the orcs forming a cage, the better - and the best way to do that is ensure the ball never makes it in there! As such, Kick is a very, very good skill to give a linerat.

Hope that helps and may the dice roll forever in your favour ;)

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I have taken to giving kick to throwers as they are less likely to be on the line of scrimmage. I find I run out of lino's and end up either putting a more valuable player on the line or forgoing kick, neither option is good.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.