And...back in action. New League coming 2 Northen California

Moderator: TFF Mods

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

And...back in action. New League coming 2 Northen California

Post by grotuk »

Hi crew,

Missed the good people of TBB, although I feel I have kept in touch with a lot of you through other channels.

Anyway, some of you may remember me from the European scene back in the day when I was still based in Spain and Ireland.

5 years ago I relocated to the Bay Area in California and ever since I have tried to engage with locals to play BB. Unfortunately the interest was poor to non-existent. It does look that with the release of the new box set things are changing so I'm re-igniting my passion for the game.

So, here I am. Back into the world of the living. Happy to see a lot of the old faces still keeping it going and tons of new blood to keep the community strong.

And if you are in the Bay Area, shoot me a PM and we can work together to kick off a new league.

Reason: ''
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: And...back in action. New League coming 2 Northen Califo

Post by TheAzman »

I had the pleasure of playing in the BABBL (Bay Area Blood Bowl League) that started in February after the West Coast Quake Tournament that was in January. They are a great group of coaches. They are active still and are heading into the playoffs for Season 3. The commissioner (Dan) goes by Talarius on these forums and he is a great guy.

You can PM him here on the forums or you can head to the Game Kastle store in Mountain View, CA on any given Wednesday night and talk to him or another coach that is there. League matches typically start at 6:00pm, but sometimes real life happens and match schedules change. I'm sure Dan and the others can fill you in on any details that I missed.

Take care and good luck!

Winning... it beats losing.
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Oh, thanks for the info!

I didn't know there was something going on in the South Bay. Every place I have asked is in the North Bay. MV can be tricky but I will connect with them for weekend events.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

You bet!

They're starting a Winter League using the winter weather rules from the new snow pitch. It's a short season to bring in new players, I believe. Season 4 will begin after the West Coast quake tournament in January. It's being held in Mountain View. It's a lot of fun!

Winning... it beats losing.