Returned from Wilderness.....

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Returned from Wilderness.....

Post by Tablet »

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce to the forum. For a long while now I've been looking for a "new" hobby when I stumbled across the thriving community of like minded souls still playing my favourite GW game.

My Blood Bowl backstory is very limited; I played the 2nd edition and had to constantly beg my friends to put down their 40K minis and play a much more enjoyable game instead!

Whilst my astro-granite pitch and all my teams have long since disappeared (probably sold by my Dad at a North East car boot sale in the late 90s), there is at least one new team sat under the tree waiting to be painted, my first in over 25 years :o . Once that's painted I hope to get playing, I can see on this forum that there a few players locally to me. Maybe even building up to attending tournaments, if finances and family allow.....

Oh and apologises in advance for the endless questions that I can see myself posting over the coming weeks.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Returned from Wilderness.....

Post by Regash »

Then I'll just say Welcome back to the hobby!
It's always nice to see new faces.
Tablet wrote:Oh and apologises in advance for the endless questions that I can see myself posting over the coming weeks.
Why apologize?
Isn't that what forums are made for? :wink:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Welcome! Check out the NAF, starting with this post about the your locals, the mighty Geordiebowl! http://www.thenaf.net/2013/06/gbbl-the- ... wl-league/

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I'm fairly sure I bought a second ed, astrogranite, pitch and some teams at a North East car boot sale in the 90's.... ;) I didn't really

Welcome back to the fold :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Hi Tablet, the GBBL is still going strong and based as far South as Darlington all the way up to Blyth. If you're interested in games let us know. We're halfway through season 13 of our league now, but also very much tournament players, running several based up here in the North East too.

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

sann0638 as of Saturday night I am fully paid up member of the NAF. I hadn't found that page about GBBL so thanks for posting the link.

Don Vito I would be interested in coming to one of your nights to introduce myself, if possible. Did I see something on here that you guys meet in the Bridge in Newcastle?