Undead question

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toenail
Rookie
Rookie

Undead question

Post by Toenail »

What makes you choose zombies over skeletons? Cause they are the same cost, yet skeletons have thick skull and more movement, whereas zombies only have one more armor.

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Undead question

Post by Pedda »

I mostly play with zombies, but having one or two skeletons for fouling can be really good

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Zombies are superior for the Line Of Scrimmage (LOS) in my opinion. There, their lower movement doesn't matter very much, as they're basically a chew toy for whatever your opponent plans to throw at you. In those cases the extra Av makes a big difference (because of the probability curve, AV7 to AV8 is the most significant AV upgrade, better than thick skull). Plus thick skull works after the damage is done - if the armour is broken the LOS scrub can't stand up and mark again next turn.

Skeletons on the other hand are better off the LOS as their extra point of movements means they can reach (and foul!) players that zombies can't ;)

I like to have four or five zombies for LOS duties, then one or two skeletons for foulers and sweepers.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

You get zombies free when you kill...

As has been said - Zombies are better at taking hits. Skeltons might be less likely to be KO'd, but they are more likely to be stunned. Overall the zombies are a big tougher and the ghouls/wights on the team provide a better moving piece than a skeleton.

Plus, skeletons should have nerves of steel :)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Three players have to go on the LoS. With AG2 those guys are not going anywhere, and will often end up as punchbags. AV8 is better since it means fewer stuns. I often use a Skeleton or two on offence where the MA will come in useful.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Toenail wrote:What makes you choose zombies over skeletons? Cause they are the same cost, yet skeletons have thick skull and more movement, whereas zombies only have one more armor.
If I play at low TV I generally prefer Zombies, if I expect to face Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On spam teams (TV 1600 or higher) then I get some Skeletons (at least 3 for the LOS).
AV 7 Thick Skull is better than AV 8 vs Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On or even vs Claw only.
This said, 1-2 Skeletons can be useful even at low TV if you use them as foulers and on defence/offence, MA 5 is better than MA 4 for that.
On defence you can generally keep them safe quite easily from hard hitters.