Not sure what to do with the double I got for myST4 Blitzer

Moderator: TFF Mods

MaximumG
Rookie
Rookie

Not sure what to do with the double I got for myST4 Blitzer

Post by MaximumG »

Hi there,

Just wanted to get some opinions as I got a double 3 on skill roll for My Strength 4 Blitzer (who got a strength boost for his first skill) and not sure whether to take dodge or not on my Khemri team on Cyanide.

My team roster is a follows:
1. TG with Mighty Blow and Guard
2. TG with Break Tackle
3. TG with Might Blow
4. Rookie TG
5. Throw Ra with Block
6. Throw Ra with Dogde
7 My Strength 4 Blitz-ra (who this post is about)
8 Blitzra with Mighty Blow
9. Skeleton with Block
10.Skeleton with Block and Smashed Knee and Hip
11. Skeleton with Block and Guard
3 rookie skeletons

The Strength 4 boost that I got on the Blitz-ra was awesome because of the block skill he has and his high strength make him a great front part of a cage between two mummies on the offence and at least gives me a bit of hitting reliability with him and so that was his role but if i give him dodge and then latter on get break tackle that was make him awesome dodge and maybe even have the possibility of turning him into a ball carrier.

The other reason I have been contemplating turning him into a ball carrier is because I got a double on a throw ra and took double so that Hopefully I could get a blodger but even with dodge he gets knocked down a lot even though normally only the high strength team like lizardmen can get at him.

Anyway if anyone could give me some tips or their thoughts that would be great.

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Not sure what to do with the double I got for myST4 Blit

Post by MattDakka »

MaximumG wrote:7 My Strength 4 Blitz-ra (who this post is about)
If you want to use the Double take either Dodge (good if you take Break Tackle in the future, but mind that Dodge gets weaker as the TV increases), Jump Up (for Piling On) or Diving Tackle.
I would probably ignore the double and take Mighty Blow (followed by Piling On and Tackle) or Guard.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dodge or Jump Up for me, with Dodge being the better of the two imo.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:Dodge or Jump Up for me, with Dodge being the better of the two imo.
I generally take Jump Up only after Mighty Blow and Piling On.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I generally don't know what rolls I'm going to get for future skills, so take the doubles when I can.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

MiB will skill him up faster, dodge will keep him on his feet longer.... Either good... leaning toward MiB....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Dodge then Break Tackle sounds like a plan to me.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:I generally don't know what rolls I'm going to get for future skills, so take the doubles when I can.
I generally pick the most efficient skills as soon as possible.
If I pick Jump Up now then I delay the efficiency (and the SPPs gain) of my player until I take Mighty Blow and Piling On, my player could even die or get injured before he gets those skills, in the mean time I'm stuck with an inefficient player for several games.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Can't get a Jump Up, PO, MB player is you don't take the double now and then don't roll another.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:Can't get a Jump Up, PO, MB player is you don't take the double now and then don't roll another.
Sure, but it's not a tragedy if you don't get Jump Up later, there are other good regular skills to take.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not a tragedy no, but a JU PO player is better than a non-JU player.
Guess I can just take a longer-term view than you do.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:Not a tragedy no, but a JU PO player is better than a non-JU player.
Guess I can just take a longer-term view than you do.
Of course he is, but in this case the ST 4 Blitz-Ra has yet 2 "quick" skills to take before hitting 51 SPPs (the first three skills have to be chosen carefully because you get them reasonably fast, at 31 SPPs, I consider the 4rd skill at 51 SPPs a "late" skill to get).
A ST 4 Jump Up Piling On Blitz-Ra is not so great for hurting players, unless you use always Piling On, even when the armour is not broken (thus losing a ST 4 player's tackle zones), otherwise it's better a ST 4 Jump Up Mighty Blow Blitz-Ra , but in this case you are not using a lot Jump Up, making this skill not very efficient.
You could say that Jump Up is useful to stand up without paying the 3 squares, but a ST 4 Blitz-Ra shouldn't be knocked down often, especially on a high ST team with some Guards, like Khemri.
So long story short, if the OP wants a Blitz-Ra able to hurt players (and gain quickly SPPs from the CAS) Mighty Blow and Piling On are the skills of choice.
If he plans a long-term build Jump Up is good but taking it early will delay a lot the core skills, making the already expensive Blitz-Ra less efficient for some time.
Dodge could be taken for the combo value of Break Tackle, great for Khemri team, especially on defence, but again, it will hamper the Blitz-Ra's progression as hitter (something a Khemri team really needs).

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

adhansa wrote:Dodge then Break Tackle sounds like a plan to me.
This.
A mobile blitzer (ie: dodging on 2+) will bring more to a Khemry-team, as a "killer".

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

MattDakka wrote:
MaximumG wrote:7 My Strength 4 Blitz-ra (who this post is about)
If you want to use the Double take either Dodge (good if you take Break Tackle in the future, but mind that Dodge gets weaker as the TV increases), Jump Up (for Piling On) or Diving Tackle.
I would probably ignore the double and take Mighty Blow (followed by Piling On and Tackle) or Guard.
Remember I think dodge/break tackle isn't implemented properly on cyanide so is less effective than it should be.