New Player, Aberdeen Scotland

Moderator: TFF Mods

Foxhound
Rookie
Rookie

New Player, Aberdeen Scotland

Post by Foxhound »

Hi Folks,

I'm not new to Tabletop / War gaming at all, but Fantasy Football is a new avenue to me. Got a few newbie questions that hopefully some of you will point me in the right direction with.

Blood Bowl seems to be the most popular version of the Fantasy Football game and I've got the rule book etc and I'm reading up on that. What's the difference between this and Elfball? I was considering buying Elfball from Tritex as there is still a boxed game version but would this be a wasted purchase in terms of playerbase etc?

Are there any Blood Bowl teams that are notably more suited to new / inexperienced players?

Miniatures question - I have a few bits and pieces in my collection as most of us do but I'm looking at buying a team set to kick off with. There seems to be good value in the Impact Plastic/Resin sets and in Black Scorpion's Resin team deals. Is the cast quality etc from both of these firms good? I'm normally a metal purist and am always wary of Resin miniatures.

Lastly, don't suppose if anyone knows of a Blood Bowl / Fantasy Football group in North East Scotland who wouldn't mind someone with no experience getting involved!

Cheers for any and all info.

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New Player, Aberdeen Scotland

Post by Vanguard »

There's an Aberdeen group on Facebook, which would be a good place to start.

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Hi Foxhound,

The Aberdeen group is relatively new but already has a few really good players who are a nice bunch of guys.

I haven't played Elfball but my understanding is that it is a completely different game.

Blood Bowl teams for new/inexperienced players: Most teams are probably ok but I would stay away from the following: Ogres, Goblins, Halflings, Vampires and Nurgle. Best teams are probably Humans, Orcs, High Elves or Undead.

Black Scorpions resin is brilliant quality. they know how to cast it properly.

Hope this helps and I look forward to meeting you on the circuit some time

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Hi and welcome to this awsome game, Foxhound!

To advertise my own little project... check this out:

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit

It's basically a collection of many wonderful things Blood Bowl from many wonderful people around here, who put a lot of work into making life easier for us.
Hope you find something useful there.
Also check out the NAF site (http://www.thenaf.net). It holds many valuable informations too.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Mike_Rushby
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mike_Rushby »

Hi Foxhound - I'm the commissioner of the Aberdeen "league". We are a small but friendly bunch and absolutely open to brand new players! We have 2 players who have played <5 games tabletop total right now, as well as some more experienced players to give any support and advice you might need. Please feel free to get in touch, we'd love to have you along sometime :-)

-Mike