Newbie player

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mard
Rookie
Rookie

Newbie player

Post by Mard »

Hi guys

Brand new to Blood Bowl, going to have my first game in a week, I've backed an Amazon team on indigo and a friend sold me one of there old spare teams for me to use while i wait.
The amazon team i've backed is the Willy Miniatures Amazon team and i plan to paint them in colors based on the Princess Mononoke Film.

So a couple of things I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I want a good team name to go with my amazons now before they arrive and i start to paint them in this theme,I plan to order a FF Fields board and want to get a custom logo made for the center of the board for their home stadium.
I also need a name for my Chaos team I'll be painting this weekend

Any thoughts?

Reason: ''
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Newbie player

Post by mzukerman »

Themes are very personal so without knowing you I'm not sure I can make a specific recommendation. This is the most fun part of the game in my opinion, I love coming up with a theme. I'd recommend following the Both Down rules though:

[*]Have a city or a sponsor that you hail from/represent
[*]Come up with a back story for why the team exists and how they developed
[*]Make sure that the players represent the theme well
[*]Team logo is important, it's the face of your team

Have fun with this. Pick something you're interested in. Comics, D&D, a TV show, a movie series? Anything. Teams I've run:

Amityville Death Rockers - a necromantic team I hired a necromancer to raise from the graves of famous rock musicians
Peconic Pygmies - a seven dwarves plus friends chaos dwarf team
Grammar Sea Errerz - a Khorne team with horrific grammar puns as names
Bellmore Butchers - a chaos team resulting from the experiment of injecting serial killer DNA into animals. <shudder>
Florin City Pirates - another khorne team based on the Princess Bride
Forest Hills Luminaries - a wood elf team with famous people with nature-like names that have been "elvinized"

I hope this helps. Good luck and welcome to the game!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Newbie player

Post by Wifflebat »

Well if you're using Mononoke as your inspiration, perhaps the Irontown Wolves, or something else from Irontown?

Or pick an actual location and combine it with something from Mononoke: the Yamagata Forest Gods, or the Miyagi Forest Spirits?

It's a cool idea! Put up pics of your team when you've got 'em painted!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...