Hello Everyone !!

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Hello Everyone !!

Post by sann0638 »

Looks like you have found thenaf.net - the Suppliers tab on there has a comprehensive list of suppliers, and there are other useful resources listed too. The Rules tab also has a the latest version of the rules, though not the (prettiest) Icepelt version.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
giorss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by giorss »

per trovare gente con cui giocare, hai già guardato su
bbforum.info

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

MattDakka wrote: Impossible, sure, but this doesn't mean that you can't improve the game by reducing the blatant broken rules and bad roster design.

The less worst, I'd say.

Even just considering the game at TV 1000 the rosters have evident design issues and bad pricing, something that doesn't require thousands of games to be spotted.
Flix was worried about the potential clawpomb issue well before that online perpetual game proved it.
You say potato, I say Giant Space Chicken of Doom!!! :smoking:

By wich I mean; yes improvement is possible, but many things that become big problems in an online format are only small ones in Tabletop play. And perhaps fixing them would lead to new problems, like fixing ClawPOMB could lead to AV 9 teams becoming all-powerful. And of course some things are a matter of taste; Fouling being a strong/weak isn't just about gameplay, but also about what you find to be 'fun'. Same as 'gimped' teams; are thay a challenge for those already very good or are they bad design?
MattDakka wrote:Yes but the CRP Khemri team roster was made so by Tom Anders afaik, correct me if I'm wrong.
Maybe Tom/Galak can clarify this issue, but I believe he, or someone close to the BBRC, said this was JJ's decision, or at least that of a majority of said BBRC which didn't include him. Even aside from this though, the work he (and others) put into improving and maintaining the game and community is worth praising! :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I seem to recall Galak and Doubleskulls making some suggestions for fixes for big online places, that have problems that tabletop doesn't, and a certain site's owner doesn't want house-rules, so it's hardly the games fault.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dr.ZooMbb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dr.ZooMbb »

:)
like fixing ClawPOMB
Can anyone please explain to a noob what "ClawPOMB" means ?? :oops:
hai già guardato su
bbforum.info
vado subito a vedrere ! grazie !! :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Claw/Piling On/Mighty Blow - best combination for damaging players, but if you're going to be playing tabletop it's not really a big issue.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Dr. Von Richten wrote: You say potato, I say Giant Space Chicken of Doom!!! :smoking:

By wich I mean; yes improvement is possible, but many things that become big problems in an online format are only small ones in Tabletop play. And perhaps fixing them would lead to new problems, like fixing ClawPOMB could lead to AV 9 teams becoming all-powerful. And of course some things are a matter of taste; Fouling being a strong/weak isn't just about gameplay, but also about what you find to be 'fun'. Same as 'gimped' teams; are thay a challenge for those already very good or are they bad design?
Well for example I can say that in long perpetual private leagues the lack of Ageing and clawpomb let Dwarfs and Orcs grow in an uncontrolled manner, removing Ageing was another bad move.
Maybe nerfing clawpomb could lead to AV 9 being too powerful, and that would simply show how badly designed are AV 9 teams such as Orcs with their underpriced Blitzers and Bobs, and Dwarfs, with their underpriced Tackle spammer Longbeards, or maybe nerfing clawpomb just a bit could improve the game greatly.
Fouling in CRP is too weak, as many coaches would tell you, while the gimpsed teams are bad design, because by taking a look at online leagues they are underrepresented, so basically they don't "exist" (they are too rare).
If a good coach wants to play with some handicaps he can simply use less rerolls, buying less positionals and make a worse roster, this can be done with each and every roster.
Joke teams should be a bit more playable, currently they are too weak, to the point that you will hardly find them.
A weak team is one thing, a nigh-on impossible to play team is another one, especially after you start to find teams with tackle and mb.
If winning with a team is too unlikely then the majority of coaches will simply avoid to play it at all.

WildDogs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WildDogs »

MattDakka wrote:removing Ageing was another bad move.
wow, So much No to this, removal of ageing was the best things ever. Arbitrary non game dice rolls to harm players was an awful idea that thankfully got binned.

how many seasons did you play with Ageing Matt?

it got so depressing to play any team beyond 2 seasons that I stopped trying to play until they removed it.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

WildDogs wrote:
MattDakka wrote:removing Ageing was another bad move.
wow, So much No to this, removal of ageing was the best things ever. Arbitrary non game dice rolls to harm players was an awful idea that thankfully got binned.

how many seasons did you play with Ageing Matt?

it got so depressing to play any team beyond 2 seasons that I stopped trying to play until they removed it.
I don't remember how many, but enough to get some niggling injuries on my players.
Ageing could have changed, for example starting to check for it after 2 or 3 skills.
Since that generally the AV 9 players or the killers are the ones living longer, Ageing wouldn't affect a lot the more fragile players.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Removing ageing was one of the best changes in LRB5 -bloody awful rule.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Ageing was bad, but the idea in itself is not, it just should have been tweaked a bit to prevent unlucky early Ageing.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Any ageing based on skill rolls was (and is) a stupid idea.

WildDogs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WildDogs »

maybe it could have kicked in after 50 games and then a new roll every 20 games

so it would really only ever affect Fumbbl / cyanide for definite

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:Any ageing based on skill rolls was (and is) a stupid idea.
Ah sure, instead letting AV 9 teams like Dwarfs stack Guard, Stand Firm and Mighty Blow is a smart idea (and that can happen in private leagues when there is lack of attrition due to few clawpomb teams).
Anyway basing Ageing on skill rolls is not necessary, I guess that using number of games played could work.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

A player getting Niggling Injuries over course of his or her career is thematic, and helps ensure roster turnover at high levels. The outcomes are good, its just that implementation was terrible. Getting your player pegged with some arbitrary ailment in a post-match sequence is about as un-fun a mechanic as you can make.

Would a fouling buff (sneaky git) help redress the balance?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com