Greetings From Calgary Canada

Moderator: TFF Mods

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Greetings From Calgary Canada

Post by DixonCider »

Playing in my first table top season, just coming up to the end of my first season, and really enjoying Blood Bowl. I have played a lot of the Cyanide game and a handful of games prior to this season.

team link below:
http://bbloc.calgarygamers.net/index.ph ... &obj_id=37

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Greetings From Calgary Canada

Post by MattDakka »

Welcome to TalkFantasyFootball! :D
Do you know FUMBBL?

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

I have heard rumors, but not given it a go. With the long weekend upon us I should give it a try again

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Welcome.

Shoot me a PM once you get signed up and I'll get you set up in my Minor league.

http://fumbbl.com/~Coach_Burgnutz

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

DixonCider wrote:I have heard rumors, but not given it a go. With the long weekend upon us I should give it a try again
Wise choice indeed!

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I've just signed up to Fummbl, but didn't get a game. It looks far too regimented in places. But if I have the time I'll give it a go.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Are you running an IRC client? If you do, then come into chat. Lot's of folks to give you games there.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Smurf wrote:I've just signed up to Fummbl, but didn't get a game. It looks far too regimented in places. But if I have the time I'll give it a go.
In Ranked division you have to arrange matches with your opponent via PM or IRC chat, but, if you create a team in Black Box division and you activate it, every 15 minutes an automatic draw will pair it against another team same TV or very close, most of times.
This saves you a lot of wasted time spent trying to arrange a match.
So, my advice is: play in Black Box and avoid to waste your time and to deal with Ranked cherry pickers and team farmers. :)

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

:roll: Yeah...instead just have a minmaxed ClawPOMB team dismantle you every match you spend around TV1400.

Better advice...don't play in ranked or blackbox. Play in league and enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. :P

EDIT: Just to clarify, I do enjoy playing in blackbox from time to time and Dakka is right about it being easier to find matches that way, but you need to know what you're getting into.

dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dsavillian »

burgun824 wrote:Better advice...don't play in ranked or blackbox. Play in league and enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. :P

Agreed here.

Most of the games I've had in the [L] format have been way more enjoyable than anything I've had in or [R]

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

dsavillian wrote:
burgun824 wrote:Better advice...don't play in ranked or blackbox. Play in league and enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. :P

Agreed here.

Most of the games I've had in the [L] format have been way more enjoyable than anything I've had in or [R]

Agree with this, [L] is the best place to play fun competitive games. The only difficulty is that it is virtually impossible to find non scheduled games there and most leagues want new teams.

Probably the best thing is that you can find cool, like-minded coaches. If your league has it’s own chat room then it can be a great place to hang out and find interesting games in [R].

Under lrb4 I set out to play all 441 possible match ups, and it was my league mates I was able to count on to get a Halfling or goblin game with my dwarfs. Along the same lines when it came to play dwarfs with my flings even though they often smashed me into the dirt it was still a fun game against someone I knew.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
xbevisx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by xbevisx »

Hey man,

Fellow newbie to TFF here as well.

Quick question, what did you use to make your leagues website?