Best team to win against Chaos Dwarves ?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Best team to win against Chaos Dwarves ?

Post by Hegel »

Wow, excellent page ! Yes, indeed, Undead and Lizzies seem to be promising choices. In fact I decided to go with Undead, because I can convert almost a complete team from my WHFB vampire counts army. And there seems to be more variety on the undead side compared to lizzies (just skinks and sauri...). It´s a pity that the undead playbook on plasmoids website is not very detailled, at least compared to the wood elves one. I guess the starting roster is more or less default (2 mummies, 2 wights, 3 ghouls and 4 zombies), skills are well described, and the pretty obvious first buy is another zombie or two to have a reserve...

Reason: ''
dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Hegel wrote:Wow, excellent page ! Yes, indeed, Undead and Lizzies seem to be promising choices. In fact I decided to go with Undead, because I can convert almost a complete team from my WHFB vampire counts army. And there seems to be more variety on the undead side compared to lizzies (just skinks and sauri...). It´s a pity that the undead playbook on plasmoids website is not very detailled, at least compared to the wood elves one. I guess the starting roster is more or less default (2 mummies, 2 wights, 3 ghouls and 4 zombies), skills are well described, and the pretty obvious first buy is another zombie or two to have a reserve...
Haven't played undead myself but you could try to find good undead coaches on fumbbl and spectate or look at their old games. That could give you a good hint on how to do things. It's free, doesn't require anything but java and has a lot of REALLY good coaches.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Skurk78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Skurk78 »

I think Woodies with their high MA and AG4 make a great match against any team at low TV. Having two players with MA8, block and dodge from start doesn't hurt their chances either. I know dodge isn't of much use against CD and dwarfs. Woodies are still a tough team out of the gate.

Death to the high elves. Dark Elves prevail!!!
Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

Just to find out what would work better for me I created both Undead and Woodies on FumBBL. Undead are doing not too bad, they feel not too different in play style from my Orcs, except the fast ghouls (which are the preferred targets from all opponents). The mummies both skilled up quickly because they cause the casualties. No killed players except a zombie yet. The Woodies are the complete opposite, they are so terribly squishy that after one match I had to hire five journeymen to fill up the ranks again. Was really lucky that those bl**dy Norse only killed one lineman, scored one TD quickly but then got hammered. I guess I need much more playing experience and watched FumBBL matches before I should consider them.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Hegel wrote:Just to find out what would work better for me I created both Undead and Woodies on FumBBL. Undead are doing not too bad, they feel not too different in play style from my Orcs, except the fast ghouls (which are the preferred targets from all opponents). The mummies both skilled up quickly because they cause the casualties. No killed players except a zombie yet. The Woodies are the complete opposite, they are so terribly squishy that after one match I had to hire five journeymen to fill up the ranks again. Was really lucky that those bl**dy Norse only killed one lineman, scored one TD quickly but then got hammered. I guess I need much more playing experience and watched FumBBL matches before I should consider them.
Norse is a tough opposition early on but sounds like you also had your share of bad luck with them woodies.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet