Cant Seem to Grasp Dark Elves

Moderator: TFF Mods

CryptKeeper13
Rookie
Rookie

Cant Seem to Grasp Dark Elves

Post by CryptKeeper13 »

I had decent luck playing Undead in a work league however I decided to try Dark Elves in an all rokie league this time around. However I am having no luck beating anyone on Cyanide. I had had such bad luck with injuries that I have had to restart the team 4 times in 4 games.

My roster is
6 Line
4 Blitz
1 Runner

I have read everything at bbtactics.com and have listened to the three die block podcast on Dark Elves. If anyone has any plays on play creator or could point me to some play layouts or tactics discussions that would be great.

Thanx

Coach Crypt

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Cant Seem to Grasp Dark Elves

Post by Chris »

CryptKeeper13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CryptKeeper13 »

Somewhat. I was hoping for more of a visual guide. But the strategies there will help.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

- Don't restart unless you start losing positionals - I went 25 games before I had a full compliment with my team, and I think I lose my #1 blitzer 3 times before I eventually got one to 16SPP. Don't be afraid to use journeymen on the LOS.
- Your start lineup is good. When you can add a RR, then get your 4 blitzers (if you lose one), then up to 11 with lineelves, then get a witch. After that decide where you want to go.
- Bash the fast teams, outpace the slower ones. Dump off gives you some flexibility in offence.
- Skill for defence. Scoring isn't spectacularly hard with your speed and mobilty, and games are won by effective defence.
- My aim would be:
3x LOS Lineelves - Wrodge Fend (ignoring doubles - these are the guys who will stop cages moving forward and will also be the hardest to skill up)
Other lineelves - aim for Blodge SS Guard - possibly worth recycling for guard if you stave off the injuries long enough.
4x Blitzers - Dodge SS DT Tackle (not necessarily in that order). Guard as first choice in doubles. If you get a few lineelves with guard then MB is an option, and I would seriously consider taking grab on a guard blitzer for good sideline control in conjunction with the witch.
Runner - Dodge Pass Block Accurate (in that order at low TV). I would probably ignore a double here.
Witch - Wrestle, Strip Ball gives you a superb ball-hunter. Pray for MB or +AG then leap (I have a 7357 Block MB Leap Tackle witch who rocks). Juggs is also a good ballhunter option if you go for block instead of Wrestle.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

There is a few good threads about dark elves in the "Tactics & Teamdevelopment League" forum. Use the search, :D think one of them is called "all about dark elves" or something...

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet