Cyanide Game - Sponsor Question

Moderator: TFF Mods

thecutlery
Rookie
Rookie

Cyanide Game - Sponsor Question

Post by thecutlery »

I am learning the game slowly on the Cyanide version of the game, and I think the last little tidbit of information I don't understand is how the sponsors work in game.

The first team I got to finish a "season" (as in, a couple of my players left the team since their contract was 1 season only), I got no sponsorship money, and I was asked to sign a new contract with a sponsor as well. So, clearly I didn't meet my goals, but the real question is, why? I selected 90% wins, which I think I achieved, but then there's a Rankings Column, which goes from 1 to 14, with 1 paying the least, and 14 paying the most, as well as a special achievement column, which is also odd, because it's got 2 numbers, one in parenthesis, and I dunno what the goal is there too. I lost no games, I believe I only finished the season with a draw or 2, so I clearly got first place in all tournaments.

Just curious if anyone else has any insight or knowledge as to how these things work...I certainly don't want to set goals I can't achieve and then miss out on cash.

Reason: ''
Skurk78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Cyanide Game - Sponsor Question

Post by Skurk78 »

I've played the Cyanide game a bit and have no idea what you're talking about. What mode are you playing? I usually play my own competitions so if you're playing story or campaign it would explain why I don't know what you mean.

I'm sure somebody in here knows. If you tell me what game mode you're playing I'll check it out and try to come up with an answer for you.

Death to the high elves. Dark Elves prevail!!!
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Campaign using Blitz mode from the sound of things. Afraid i can't help, tried blitz mode and it was just horribly broken. Sorry dude.

thecutlery
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thecutlery »

Ah, yeah...playing Blood Bowl on Campaign mode, single player, Blitz mode. At the beginning of the game you pick a sponsor, with you selecting what your team goals will be for that season. The first time I got to the end of the season, I got jack squat for my efforts, and just now I got jack squat, AND my treasury was wiped out to boot. Pretty awesome game where sponsors apparently don't work and you don't get the winnings you're supposed to for winning the trophies. Making it kinda hard to keep the ol' bankroll up.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

To be honest, your best bet would be to ask on the official BB forum (www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/index.php), as the majority of us here play BB in the "classic" settings.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
thecutlery
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thecutlery »

Darkson wrote:To be honest, your best bet would be to ask on the official BB forum (http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/index.php), as the majority of us here play BB in the "classic" settings.
Ah, thanks for the help. All the google results that appeared to link to that official board came up server not found, so I went down the list to see what other sites I could find.

Carry on!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That would be because it's on a new url. Guess Google hasn't caught up yet.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.