activate them accounts please :)

Moderator: TFF Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

One thing I noticed since I registered (under this new name - I forgot the old one I used a couple of years ago but have since found it by looking through old posts - something I couldn't do with the security measures that have had to be used)

...anyway, one thing I noticed since signing up again is that there seems to be a new member every time I visit. I can't believe that a virtually unsupported game can still pull people in in such numbers, and if you look on the profiles of various members that joined after me (and doubtless before) you'll see on some profiles that they've got totally irrelevant homepages listed. Some even have msn or yahoo (random acceptable homepages?) but many have the usual spam rubbish.

Seems a strange way to spam, but I never totally understood messageboard spam ayway. Not as intrusive or offensive as some spam, just something to consider.

Reason: ''
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Hi Conclave. You are absolutely right. I've been taking care of the admin issues for a week now and have delete at least 100 of these spam accounts and have just seen that there are 18 more again to sort out and filter. Who is genuïne and who is not. Before me Darkson did loads of work to keep things clean.

These bots the register are a pain in the ****. :pissed:

Oh well, back to work I guess! :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@ Conclave - Do you want your old account back? Let myself or Draco know which one it is, and we can reset the password for you.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No that's ok. Now that I know the old name I could probably work out the password, but I prefer this name. I only had 100+ posts and no real rep or anything, so I'm happy.

Maleficum
Experienced
Experienced

Activate 'em accounts, please

Post by Maleficum »

My friend tried once more to register an account, just a few minutes ago. I thought I'll give you a heads up, so that you'll remember to not delete:

AngryNorwegian

I have told him to check his e-mail and spam-filter, and to reguarly to to log in.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Done.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Capshaw wants to be registered :) I tried with my spare email account with no luck just yet.. (andjohnsen@gmail.com)

Can you register the username with this email address: stende81@hotmail.com

Please send copy of registering/activation mail to me (The Ref), so I can help him avoid his spam filters... (He's not the most clever computer user)

Sorry for this double posting :) It's only one capshaw that want's to be registered though..

(I saw my orignal post after posting in the other one, so thought I should do it here as well, to show you it has a history)

Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Done.

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Paratus wants to be registered, he has tried several times over months, but not yet managed to get an activation link.

Can you register the username with this email address: joakimmeyer@hotmail.com

Please send copy of registering/activation mail to me (The Ref), so I can help him avoid his spam filters...

I have'nt registered him with a password, but if you PM me one, I'll let him know and make him change it..

Come'n get some!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Look, I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to create accounts for people (and to be honest, it's a pain, as I have to log out to create it).

It's very simple, even for people that haven't/don't receive the activation email.

1. Create account.
2. Check back once a day, and see if you can log in.

It is VERY rare for a day to pass when at least one of the admins hasn't checked the user list, and it is normally checked at least twice a day. I personally check it once when I hit TBB and once before I go offline for the night, and nomally inbetween to.

There have NOT been any accounts in the last 6 months that were not activated before the 7 days.

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

oki then :)

he gets this:
Sorry, but this username has already been taken.
I'm shure that's cause he's registered earlier, so then it's probably activated.. Could you send out his password again? (to his email account...)

I'll tell him to try and log on... :)

Come'n get some!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

PM sent.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Paratus
Joined date: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 am
Last visited date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:29 pm

So this is a case of a forgotten password then, not accounts not being activated.
If we get the right info, it's soooo much easier to sort problems (not aimed at The Ref, who's just passing on messages).

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Hey Darkson,

some of the users of the Spanish BB Forum have problems with their accounts. Can you please check those users?

- Mort
- T0rrES
- Neo Maquiavelo

Let see if there are some others.

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Hi Mephisto,

I'll send you a PM on behalf of Mort.

The other two might have registered somewhere in the past, but if you have never been active within a week we assume it was a bot that used the email adress to register and delete the account.

So ask T0rrES and Neo Maquiavelo to register again. Either Darkson or I will activate the account monday at the very least and make sure they hop in to check there account and thus activate it on tuesday. OK?

Cheers, Draco.