What should I buy?

Moderator: TFF Mods

heimo

What should I buy?

Post by heimo »

Hi all, I'm new to all this BB stuff and I would like to start playing it with my friends. I was wondering that is the coming a new box set which has the living rulebook rules or what?

Reason: ''
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

To the best of my knowledge the new box has the two original rulebooks - the handbook and deathzone - plus an errata sheet with the rules review stuff on...changes to the stuff in the books.
You should really try and get hold of the annual too...because that will then give you all the official rules. Downloading the LRB from GW's site will give you the absolutley latest up to date rules.

Welcome to BB....if you have any daft questions feel free to ask because its unlikely to be any stupider than the stuff us veterans come up with.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
heimo

Post by heimo »

Thadrin wrote:To the best of my knowledge the new box has the two original rulebooks - the handbook and deathzone - plus an errata sheet with the rules review stuff on...changes to the stuff in the books.
You should really try and get hold of the annual too...because that will then give you all the official rules. Downloading the LRB from GW's site will give you the absolutley latest up to date rules.

Welcome to BB....if you have any daft questions feel free to ask because its unlikely to be any stupider than the stuff us veterans come up with.
thanks for your quick reply

I downloaded LRB couple of weeks ago and been playing Javabb couple of times.
I think I'll start to play with orcs but now I need to know that what minis are nice and convertable? I want my team to look unique :)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

You like Orcs? You want individual minis? Go buy yourself a couple of boxes of plastic WH40K Orcs. They're absolutely perfect for the job.

The new Skaven kits look like they'd be good for Blood Bowl too. A couple of the guys on here are working with them.

Just take a look through your local GW (if you have one) or their online catalogue (if you don't) and see what you can find!

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

we should create a BB FAQ at some point, I see the "what do I need" question quite a bit. I'm sure all those versions are confusing for newbies.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
keith_reed
Experienced
Experienced

Post by keith_reed »

I just bought a new sealed version of the 3rd edition game, the one in the shorter box, and it did not have the deathzone book in it. When did they start putting it in with the regular game?

War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner.