HELP!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

spiffy
Rookie
Rookie

HELP!!!

Post by spiffy »

Hi there everyone. I am interested in buying a few blood bowl teams so I can play with my friends, but am having trouble finding any online retailers that sell them. I am in the US, and do not want to pay $4.25 a mini form the Games Workshop online store.
If anyone has any suggestions as to where I could find them, it would really be appreciated, since I also would like to get these ASAP as a birthday surprise for my bf. Thanks in advance!:D
-Becka
<edit> spelling :oops:

Reason: ''
Martin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Martin »

The best place to look is probably e-bay. Do the search on both 'blood bowl' and bloodbowl. There are usually several teams for sell at any one time.

Martin

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Yep e-bay is best for cheap stuff.
Newwave.org has some alternative minis and phigsminatures.com
The last two provide great minis,but not GW ones, but people do use them :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

You just missed dout on a guy selling a butt load of 2nd edition humans on Ebay. I picked up 20 (more than enough for a team) for $16. Keep trying Ebay, or try looking for local retailers that may re-sell Games-Workshop stuff.

I know of a few in England but as you live in the USA it's not of much use, sorry!

I'll go back to my drink now......... :lol:

IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

Egads, a female! Good to see...

Don't forget about plastic minis; many people seem to sell the ones from the boxed set once they gather up their favourite metal teams. The ones from the old 2nd edition of the game aren't much good, but the 3rd edition ones are reasonably ok.

On ebay, I've noticed people selling the boxed game; watch out for offers which bundle in a few teams as well. The extra board and other paraphernalia will come in useful when you have friends round - it allows two games to be played simultaneously.

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

Two games played simultaneously :?:

That could work. Two people 4 teams,one takes a turn on one board the other takes a turn on the other board,and you finish 2 games in the time of one.( It might hurt your brain a bit though :wink: )

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Any of you guys play chess? I used to play a 4-man game where you had 2 games going at once, and when you took a piece, you handed it to your teammate, and he could use his turn to place it on the board in the middle of his game.

Anyway, I think he might have meant 4 different people playing games against each other, if you have a group of friends together. ;)

David

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

I was thinking that If coaches run more than one side in a league,they can play two at once :wink:

Novice Heretic
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

All I meant was that four people could play at a time instead of two...

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

Sorry Iron Age but I just had the Idea for coaches who have more than one team , to use two at once, I might try it :wink:

Novice Heretic
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

Don't let me stop you! The chess grandmasters do it, so why can't we?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Playing two matches at the same time is ok if you have hours,

if only 3 of us turn up for a games night, I end up playing both of the guys at once to keep us all going. I usually ended up losing the first to finish and then venting my spleen against the second opponent.

hard to keep track of what is what.

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

MMMMM.. frustrating fun.....nothing like it :wink:

Novice Heretic
Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

2 games

Post by Nermal »

our little league in Wales has 6 teams at the mo. but we have all played in the same room. 3 games at the same time.

at one stage many years ago we had 5 or 6 games on the go in 1 hall. big league much fun :)

Rolling Thunder