Armourroll when GFI?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Page 24 Handbook 3rd edition.

"On a roll of 1 the player trips up and falls prone in the square that they moved to."

No armour roll is mentoned, only the being prone.

It is however besides the point when discussing LRB! :smoking:

Reason: ''
Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Re; 3rd ed: But of course, then p.11 comes along and muddies the water. :wink:

Hopefully, someday (soon) the LRB will be re-written/edited to stop these sort of questions, as the rules will be written clearly, and more importantly, consistently.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I beleive in 3ed, there was stated a rule (too lazy to go look it up) that anytime you fell dow you had to make an armour roll (unless specifically stated otherwise). That's the way we played it in 3ed.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

Torg wrote:I beleive in 3ed, there was stated a rule (too lazy to go look it up) that anytime you fell dow you had to make an armour roll (unless specifically stated otherwise). That's the way we played it in 3ed.
No, in 3rd Ed the rule was (p11) that "any player that is KNOCKED over may be injured".

Since FALLING over is certainly not the same as knocked over some leagues did not require armour rolls for failed go-for-its. However, it has since been ruled that this is mere quibbling over words and you roll for armour every time a player goes over for any reason unless the relevant rule specifically says otherwise (e.g. Piling on, Diving tackle etc.).

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

I'm starting to find this talk of the "Good Or Bad Old Days" very amusing! Of course I agree with Bevan on this one! :D :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"