Problem with FUMBBL?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gadgetfiend
Rookie
Rookie

Problem with FUMBBL?

Post by Gadgetfiend »

Has anyone else had trouble getting on to the Fumbbl website in the last couple of days? All day yesterday it kept telling me that 'This Page Cannot Be Found' and I managed to get on for about an hour this morning before it died on me. I tried pinging it and the IP address came up but it wouldn't ping.

Is there anyone on this board who runs the Fumbbl website who knows of any technical difficulties with the website in the last couple of days, or anything I might be doing wrong. Just in case I'm being completely stupid, the address is http://fumbbl.com isn't it?

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yes its down at the moment, you should get a proper chat client so you can still join the chat room and ask in there

http://www.mirc.com

connect to the afternet server and then join #fumbbl

Rathe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rathe »

Who actually made the website for that, I just wanted to tip my hat to them. The freaking thing rocks! I'm a programmer and do alot of web applications and the work they did is absolutely awesome!

Rathe
Commish of BS League

[url]http://www.brotherhoodofobsidian.org/Bloodbowl[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

christer and mr klipp

darrenb
Rookie
Rookie

IRC Not there?

Post by darrenb »

I am very new to IRC - But I cant find the fumbbl channel on the server - Is that down too?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

nope

you hae to type the channel in, its not on the set list of channels that come with mirc

if you can connect to afternet the channel will be there just type in #fumbbl in the channel box or "/join #fumbbl" in the status window including the /

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm now totally confused. I can't get my mirc to do anything.

I know it obvious to those who know, but cna you go through getting it going step-by-step, from the point of opening the program. I'm really that stuck :oops:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

well i dont use mirc
i use trillian :evil:
join afternet.org port 6667 then join #fumbbl(channel)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

if he can't use mirc he won't be able to use trillian either

there should be a basic getting started guide on the mirc web site

but basically there is an options box with loads of stuff down the left side, the top one is "connect" which should be selected as default anyway

then there is a big dropdown menu list of servers, lucky for you afternet is listed as one of them "afternet (random server)" something along those lines, select that one then click on the connect to server button underneath

then when thats done you can join hte chat room by typing #fumbbl in the channel box that pops up (i think it comes up but i turned it off so can't remember) or the other way is to type "/join #fumbbl" in the status window

then bing you should be in there assuming your ports aren't blocked off by a company firewall or suchlike

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Whoo hoo! Got it up and running last night.

Thanks Zy-Nox.

Unfortunately can't get a game in tonight, I've got to attend the local carnival with the kids. Still, maybe tomorrow.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.