OBBLM needs a Tournament (?) and how to install bb2016 ?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

OBBLM needs a Tournament (?) and how to install bb2016 ?

Post by Arioso »

Hey,
i am new into OBBLM and just installed it on my web Server. It is working right now but i have the following problem - i am not completly dumb regarding php so editing files if needed is no problem for me when anybody tells me exactly what to edit and where :)

1)
I entered a league and 2 divisions of it. But somehow obblm wants me to define a Tournament to Change league Settings etc. in front end. If not i am getting error Messages when changeing League Information ("Oh Noes...")
I googled a bit and someone on GitHub (https://github.com/TheNAF/naflm/issues/185) said that this may occur when not using the Right order from the NAF-Document when installing (which i did - i just did it Point by Point). After doing the suggested things there the errors disappear but i have a Tournament lurking around which i don't want in OBBLM (since i am running a league there)
Is there a way to solve that for me?

2) How do i add bb2016 data (mainly Star Players and Positionals) to OBBLM. I tried the file from this Forum but this gives me errors (Halflings not defined somewhere) Isn't there a simple data_lbr6.php file somewhere which i could easily replace? After doing a bit of research i read that i have to change the header.php? A step-by-step solution would be highly appreciated (can't find it anywhere)

Reason: ''
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM needs a Tournament (?) and how to install bb2016 ?

Post by Arioso »

Arioso wrote: 1)
I entered a league and 2 divisions of it. But somehow obblm wants me to define a Tournament to Change league Settings etc. in front end. If not i am getting error Messages when changeing League Information ("Oh Noes...")
I googled a bit and someone on GitHub (https://github.com/TheNAF/naflm/issues/185) said that this may occur when not using the Right order from the NAF-Document when installing (which i did - i just did it Point by Point). After doing the suggested things there the errors disappear but i have a Tournament lurking around which i don't want in OBBLM (since i am running a league there)
Is there a way to solve that for me?
I think it is just a bit misleading that you have to create a "Tournament" to run a "League" as there is a button for a league. I think i solved 1) by myself :) But i still don't know what is the way to run 2 divisions of one league - do i do conferences or just several tournaments?

still looking for help for bb2016

Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: OBBLM needs a Tournament (?) and how to install bb2016 ?

Post by Meradanis »

Hello Arioso,

since I recently set up the NAFLM/OBBLM for our own league, I might be able to answer some of your questions.

The league/division/tournament structure is counter-intuitive. You'll probably only need 1 league, there is no reason to have multiple leagues. Think of the OBBLM division like a season. For our own league, I created one division called "Season 2020". After your coaches have created their teams, it is time to set up the "tournaments". A tournament is basically a match/season schedule for your teams. Our league is going to have 5 groups with 6 coaches each, I will create 5 tournaments called "Division A" to "Division E".

As for the "Oh Noes! The league administration module has failed the ptid!=stid check", I had the same issue. I solved it your way by creating an empty dummy tournament, which I am going to delete when the real tournaments have been created.

You should have the BB2016 data by default if you used NAFLM instead of OBBLM.

There is a github fork that has all the data including Spike8 (the ogres). I've used that and did some modifying to suit our needs. Basically you can configure the teams and starplayers by editing the game_data_bb2016.php in the lib folder and maybe the game_data_bretonnia.php and game_data_daemonsofkhorne.php. After you've done any editing, make sure to rerun all the synchronization stuff in the admin core panel.