Pbem League - gauging interest

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Pbem League - gauging interest

Post by GJK »

I've got a number of coaches that I've been playing against via pbem (VASSAL) and am seeing if there might be an interest to get another league of it going. I'm finishing up on v1.5 of the module which will add some more flexibility (you can number your players now and some other customizations).

Pbem games take longer than a face to face or online game obviously so it would probably be a short format round-robin but I'm thinking of a few twists:

1. Pre-season draft. A number of player types from each of the races/teams all go into a pool which are then drafted from. Each team will have it's usual 1000k cap (or maybe slightly higher). This means teams will be uniquely mixed; you may have some dwarves and orcs on the line with wood elfs in your backfield (for example).

2. End of season "Pro-bowl" where each coach fields the outstanding players from the season in a pro-bowl game. The turn log is passed to each coach who processes the moves/actions of just his/her players in a pure exhibition game just to see what happens.

If interested or if you have any questions about it, post here or send me a PM and we can chat about it.

Reason: ''
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Pbem League - gauging interest

Post by GJK »

I've had a few questions about how turns are exchanged in the past so I'll briefly mention here:

1. I have a dropbox share that the turns are uploaded to. All turns are public. You can freely "scout" other teams and follow along the games of other coaches as they are being played.

2. With dropbox, you can launch the turn from your dropbox folder and save it directly to there and it will notify your opponent that you've uploaded a new turn. There is no need to actually compose and exchange emails.

3. Turns go quick - maybe 10 minutes or so. This makes it easy to exchange a number of turns per day.

4. The commish can easily review any questionable issues/rules questions and make a prompt ruling.

Thanks.

Reason: ''
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer