Spike! Magazine Showdown

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Spike! Magazine Showdown

Post by sann0638 »

Just applied. Marching on with the Necro. Will hope to cash in the prize one day!

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi gang!

Three good looking groups contesting the Spike! Magazine Showdown are GO! Please check out the group page for those exciting matchups, and specate at will! If you're wondering how, ask!

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi all.

Please find below our final group PM. The group stage of the Spike! Magazine Showdown has come to an end, and we're moving into the playoff phase. I'll edit the below with the lucky lottery winner tomorrow. Please come join us for the exciting playoffs, I hope kick off times will be posted in the FUMBBL forum!

Hi gang!

The group stages of the Spike! Magazine Showdown are drawing to a close. In Europe we have completed play bar one or two button presses, and in North America there are a few games to tidy up as we approach the NA deadline. All three groups have been hotly contested, and we're now moving into the prize giving and playoff phase.

Firstly, we are due to select our lucky lottery winner. Ghorgrix has been chosen at random to receive Spike! Themed prizes. He coached Khemri, and as such was eligible to win the draw. Grats!

Next - the Stunty Cup, a competition that also features a Spike! themed physical prize. This will be contested between two European coaches. Topper did an amazing job (the best of the whole group stage?), finishing 3/2/1 with Ogres in European Group 1. He was narrowly pipped to a place in the main playoffs at the very last, what a performance! He will face BadPublicity's Goblins following their more than respectable 3/1/2, also in European Group 1.

Now for the playoffs! We still have some results to come in from NA, but I believe it is impossible for the remaining games to effect the maths that has decided our playoff contenders. I'll check the below again tomorrow morning, but I think it's right! :) A recap of the format this time; the group winners advance to the final four, and they will be joined by the winner of a fourway between the three second placed teams and the best third place. Tiebreakers are racial tier, opponent record then net TD + net CAS. There were two extremely tight groups that went to opponent record, and the best placed third team also required an abacus (as well as all my fingers and toes) to determine. Those results were:

NA Group: Winner: keggiemckill (Khemri - best racial tier), 9 pts. Second: dashergeaux (Wood Elf - opponent record, from lordchaos and possibly spinball, sixth result pending), 9 pts.

European Group 1: Winner: Elyoukey (Undead), 11 pts. Second: sann0638, 9 pts.

European Group 2: Winner: Endzone (Norse), 10 pts. Second Jokaero (Chaos Dwarves - opponent record, from Nobbeat and KFoged), 9 pts. This was one stacked group! One of Jokaero's opponents was inactive throughout, so his 'sixth score' was taken to be the mean of the record of his other five opponents. Nobbeat was calcuated as the best third placed coach, from Kfoged, lordchaos and possibly spinball. Again - I will check this result tomorrow when all North American results are in.

So, there we have it! The final four will be keggiemckill, Elyoukey, Endzone and one of dashergeaux, sann0638, Jokaero and Nobbeat. The playoffs and the Stunty Cup will be set up tomorrow; participating coaches, please await a PM. Who is your favourite for the title?

A reminder of why we are here; the brilliant Spike! Magazine NAF major. It is a fantastic event that has donated some lovely prizes, and there is still time to sign up. http://spiketournament.com/ should feature all of the information you need, but if you need more, please ask and I can help or direct you to the right people. If you cannot make this year, it is well worth setting up some holiday for 2017 or beyond. Canada is lovely, and it's a great event. Add it to that bucket list!

Thanks to everyone that joined us for the Spike! Magazine Showdown, it's been a stormer! Thanks also to our staff which make these tournaments possible. You will be hearing about our next Online NAF tournament soon enough, so watch those playoffs and get ready for more action, coming at you in September.

Thanks!

Phil / Goo.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

With the real thing well underway (good luck, all!), Elyoukey has made a little poster advertising his online final with Jokaero, which I hope he doesn't mind me linking here! Be sure to tune in!

Your next Online NAF action will be the Online Welsh Open. Expect details in this forum shortly, kickoff is very likely to be on the evening of Sep. 12.