OBBLM: Howto handle not played games?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

Hi,

we want to encourage our players to play all they league games, therfore we want to give them
- 3 Points for a win
- 2 Points for a draw
- 1 Point for a lost but played match
- 0 Point for not playing the match at all

So how can we made our points house rule with the 0 points for not playing a match?
$hrs[1]['points'] = '3*[won] + 2*[draw] + 1*[lost]'

Or is there another way to handle this in OBBLM??

Any help or ideas are warmly welcome...

TY

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you don't play the match, then you don't get any points; so yes, your 3/2/1/- system is fine. It's actuallythe default, I think?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Re: OBBLM: Howto handle not played games?

Post by pauli42 »

Thank you Steve.. this would work fine, if we are able to close our league/tournament with still open matches. But yes thats a way to handle it, when both player dont get the time to play a match.

But maybe there is a way to change the points after the match report. Then we can score a match that a player refuse to play as 0 points for him and 3 points for his "ready to play" opponent instead of giving the player that dont play the match the default 1 point for a lost match.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Yeah, what you really want is to award points for Win/Draw/Loss and also for Forfeit Win/Draw/Loss.
So in your case 3/2/1 and 3/0/0, 3 points awarded when your opponent can't make it and no points awarded when you can't make it or neither player can make it.
It's not something that OBBLM supports I'm afraid although I do think it would be useful.

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

If the victory gives 3 points anyway, why not introducing the forfeited match as a victory for the one that was able to make it?

Life is short, block fast.
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

Vanguard wrote:Yeah, what you really want is to award points for Win/Draw/Loss and also for Forfeit Win/Draw/Loss.
So in your case 3/2/1 and 3/0/0, 3 points awarded when your opponent can't make it and no points awarded when you can't make it or neither player can make it.
It's not something that OBBLM supports I'm afraid although I do think it would be useful.
Thank you Vanguard, this is exactly want we want to do!

If you dont play you wont get any points and if you play you'll get at least 1 point for a lost match.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

How about if you use the sportsmanship points in the points calc? If they're added or deducted while calculating the points then the commish could manually add a modifier in there, no?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by pauli42 »

Shteve0 wrote:How about if you use the sportsmanship points in the points calc? If they're added or deducted while calculating the points then the commish could manually add a modifier in there, no?
Brilliant Steve..i hope this will do the trick..+1 sportsmanship point for playing a match
$hrs[1]['points'] = '2*[won] + 1*[draw] + 0*[lost] + 1*[smp]'

The score for a played match is:
- 2 (won) + 1 (played) = 3
- 1 (draw) + 1(played) = 2

And if you are ready to play and your opponent refuse to play we' have
- 2 (won) + 1 (ready to play) = 3
- 0 (lost) + 0 (refuse to paly) = 0

We'll give this a try..thanks a lot Steve!

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re:

Post by Vanguard »

Shteve0 wrote:How about if you use the sportsmanship points in the points calc? If they're added or deducted while calculating the points then the commish could manually add a modifier in there, no?
Nice shout - I may steal that. :)