BB2 graphics card help needed!

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

BB2 graphics card help needed!

Post by dfunkateer »

Yo,

I've finally relented and bought BB2 on my new pc (which came with the basic Intel HD card) so the game is very jerky with the graphics on the "high" or "very high" quality settings. It runs fine on lower settings but that just doesn't do it for me so I think I need to buy a new graphics card although I know precisely zero about graphics cards.

I don't intend to buy any other PC games so only need a card that is good enough to run BB to its fullest potential. Can anyone please point me in the right direction for this??

My PC is:

Intel Pentium G3240 @ 3.10GHz
8GB Ram
Windows 7 (although may upgrade to 10)

After a bit of research I found an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2GB Graphics Card on eBay for £37 although have no idea if this would be better or worse than my current card.

TLDR: what is the cheapest graphics card I can get in the UK that will run BB2 with the graphics on their highest quality setting?

Thanks very much,

Dfunk.

Reason: ''
"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.