101 Alternative Rosters

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

101 Alternative Rosters

Post by koadah »

101 Alternative Rosters.

Leagues, tournaments and open play. Try them online.

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Re: 101 Alternative Rosters

Post by kyrre »

I really like the black dwarf roster. It is closer to what a proper chaos dwarf team should look like. None of those pesky hobos and freakish bull centaurs. I think they used to have catchers in 2nd ed.

Unfortunately, I suspect my league would complain if I brought them.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Black Dwarfs are indeed based off of 2nd edition CDs. However as the 3rd ed and onward roster is 'Chaos Dwarfs' we needed an alternative name. I'm a big CD fan (especially this late 80s era) and alternative manufacturers often used 'Black Dwarfs' for bad/evil dwarfs. So...........it's not the best name but I went for that. It was either that or 'Dwarfs of Chaos' and Garion thought it too confusing.

In 2nd edition there were not catchers. The figure you're thinking of was actually a 'kicker' and often is often mistakenly labeled a 'catcher' due to his catcher stance. The 2nd ed roster is exactly how Garion translated it there. The only difference being that CDs got mutants. However in 2nd ed all the rosters were a bit more 'all game' and the blitzers came with a CL of +1 (which roughly translates to catch).

My long term goal is to do an icon set based off of the Marauder late 80s chaos dwarf miniatures. The best miniatures of all time in my opinion.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

kyrre wrote:I really like the black dwarf roster. It is closer to what a proper chaos dwarf team should look like. None of those pesky hobos and freakish bull centaurs. I think they used to have catchers in 2nd ed.

Unfortunately, I suspect my league would complain if I brought them.
We have a lot of data on all the secret league teams now, and there is no issue with any of them from a balance point of view apart from possibly 1, maybe 2. Black Dwarves however are performing worse than Dwarves. so they are nothing to worry about :)