Additional deviations from CRP seen in BB2 trailer

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Hi there:

In the new BB2 trailer I have seen some things that differ from the CRP. Here you have some photos I have taken

1) Human catchers humanos Av8, already seen.

2) Human ogre for 130K.

3) New star player Bob Bifford, o something similar. An ogre, I guess the one with the microphone. I hope it is something restricted to the solo campaing, but I doubt it.

4) General skills, take sit as this goes messy. At least one of them seems to disapear (this is a rookie Chaos Warrior gaining his first skills, and there are 13, when now we have 14). I think the one missing is Pass Block, although I am not sure because of the quality of the video. The one in positionsn (2, 2) I cannot read well, I don't think it is Fend, which could also be missing and be replaced by another one. I this point, I couldn't care less, as I won't be touching this ruleset in my life.

Reason: ''
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Additional deviations from CRP seen in BB2 trailer

Post by Loki »

I would say the 13 in image are...

Strip Ball
Block
Pro
Sure Hands
Kick-Off return
--
Dauntless
Fend
Shadowing
Wrestle
--
Dirty Player
Frenzy
Tackle
Kick

So yeah Pass Block missing

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Pass Block missing?
What a loss it would be for the game!
:D
Nice to see AV 8 on the Human Catcher, too bad the Ogre is still overpriced, 120K should be the right cost.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I had no intention on buying it upon release, was going to wait to see if they were going to fix any bugs AND for the price to drop to what I thought was a reasonable amount (seeing as I'd already bought the game twice), but if they've decided to go the NTBB route without making it optional then my interest has dropped right through the floor.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:I had no intention on buying it upon release, was going to wait to see if they were going to fix any bugs AND for the price to drop to what I thought was a reasonable amount (seeing as I'd already bought the game twice), but if they've decided to go the NTBB route without making it optional then my interest has dropped right through the floor.
CRP sucks so some deviations from it/house rules might be a nice change, for now BB II is not worth its price for sure, too few teams for my taste.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

CRP might not (is not) perfect, but it's a lot better than NTBB.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:CRP might not (is not) perfect, but it's a lot better than NTBB.
No need to have the full NTBB, just some of the house rules.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

MattDakka wrote:
Darkson wrote:CRP might not (is not) perfect, but it's a lot better than NTBB.
No need to have the full NTBB, just some of the house rules.
So long as they are optional, sure. Otherwise...

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Plus the ogre is called butt-face.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

I think the game looks great and will buy it. I'll also likely play the crap out of it.
I love Blood Bowl. This is the version of Blood Bowl that will go out and be played by more people than likely have ever played it before.
I'm looking forward to the "CRP+ rules" and the Brets.
Seriously, the sky is really not falling. Sometimes, these boards are so full of stuffy and stubborn sounding voices.
I don't get where the negativity comes from. I've been playing since 1988 and I am not afraid of change. Bring. It. On!
Just my two cents.

Cheers,
-Dan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Arclight wrote:I've been playing since 1988 and I am not afraid of change.
Who said anything about anyone being scared of change?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

sann0638 wrote:Plus the ogre is called butt-face [actually butt face-pounder].
Could be worse. He could be called Face Butt-Pounder.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Hey all,

I came across this YouTube video from the Angry Joe Show. He has a quick interview with Mr. Brunet (the Cyanide Game Designer for BB2) and there is some interesting info dropped like how they may be going to make more tweaks, or even rule changes, as game updates as they go on over time.

Not sure if this counts as good or bad news.
Here's the link:
http://youtu.be/EHPXBN0KD6M

Cheers,
-Dan

P.S. No foul intended Darkson, and not firing any shots over your deck. Replied to this thread after reading the latest Khorne thread and the way the posts were over there... so pedantic and petty, it just got my blood up. Guess I might have replied in that thread, but there you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Makes sense. Video Gaming is much more immediate when it comes to results and information. You see companies update and patch games all the, for balance or for fun. If you are in the digital format, why not take advantage of the digital format and the data that it provides us.

I could envision a game with a basic rule set for those that want to original board game experience, a league rule set that allows commissioners to pick a choose house rules, and a BB2 rule set with all the updates and patches and balances in it that they believe make for better game play.

I'm curious how they will handle tiers? Very few modern PC games are purposefully designed to have a side or faction be more powerful than another side or faction. Most go the Blizzard route and have the sides balanced against each other, even if different (even complicated games like Age of Wonders 3 is roughly balanced, and even a game like Dominions 4, there is some move to balancing the game through patches). Will they keep the tiers? I can see that putting a damper on interest in teams like Halflings, and it looks like the side step that issue with the base teams they've provided. Most of those teams do pretty well in league.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

If you are in the digital format, why not take advantage of the digital format and the data that it provides us.
Assuming you know how to interpret the data and what to do with the game once you have done so, of course.
I could envision a game with a basic rule set for those that want to original board game experience, a league rule set that allows commissioners to pick a choose house rules, and a BB2 rule set with all the updates and patches and balances in it that they believe make for better game play.
That would be truly wonderful.