Online Dutch Open (NAF / FUMBBL)

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Online Dutch Open (NAF / FUMBBL)

Post by Purplegoo »

Online Dutch Open

Hi all!

The third online NAF tournament in our series will begin on Monday, 15th June. We continue our journey around tabletop rulesets with a real European classic: The Dutch Open. Transport yourself to a Superbowl weekend in Amsterdam, and get stuck into a traditional, old school ruleset!

The rulespack for our tournament can be found here, here, and on the group page. It's also summarised below.

The Dutch Open tabletop tournament 2015 took place on the 31st Jan / 1st Feb in Amsterdam. The DO is one of the oldest and most revered tournaments in Europe, and we're happy to bring you an online version. You can find more details from 2015 here. Next year, get yourself to the Netherlands and join the fun!

You will be able to make a team and apply to the tournament on Monday, 8th June. Until then, the group page has an FAQ section, and you can ask any questions below. Thanks to the DO guys, I hope you’ll join us and enjoy an online taste of their tournament!

Rulespack Summary

• Non-progression Blood Bowl!
• Team treasury: 1.10 M gold. No Inducements apart from Halfling Chefs and Goblin Bribes
• Format: 5 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Australasia), followed by a playoff
• Weekly rounds
• 4 normal skills, granted before games 2-5 (1 per game)

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Reason: ''
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Online Dutch Open (NAF / FUMBBL)

Post by mubo »

Awesome stuff. I'll join this one I think.

Is it on the radar to allow us to use our existing 1.1m rosters just with different skills?

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Smashing. Go go gadget-online-NAF-events.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

mubo wrote:Awesome stuff. I'll join this one I think.

Is it on the radar to allow us to use our existing 1.1m rosters just with different skills?
Glad to have you aboard!

From Monday night onwards, you should be OK to use a 1.1 m team from a previous online NAF tournament. Simply modify your skills to match the ruleset in the 'Team Options' tab, and you should be good to go!

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I'm going to give this a go. It's a good way to test myself against some really good coaches that I might never play against normally. I'll call that a win even if I lose the game ;)

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Purplegoo wrote:
mubo wrote:Awesome stuff. I'll join this one I think.

Glad to have you aboard!

From Monday night onwards, you should be OK to use a 1.1 m team from a previous online NAF tournament. Simply modify your skills to match the ruleset in the 'Team Options' tab, and you should be good to go!
Now I have no excuse!

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Applications are now open! You've seven days to apply. There were some early applicants that I've not kicked.

Coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Australasian timezones here.

Please note: I'll accept teams on the weekend. If you apply and the group pops up on your overview, don't panic, you'll get accepted then. :)

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Not long to go now! Get those applications in by 22:00 server time (CET) Monday to participate in Dutch goodness.

I'm told we're going to be donated some DO 2015 dice for our winner, a lovely thing! :)

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

A little over a day to go. Apply NOW!!!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

...and we're GO! Over 100 coaches are playing for Dutch glory. Get those games played / spectated! :D

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Over the next few hours, we're powering into the fifth and final round of the Online Dutch Open with much yet to be decided!

The group can be found here. If you're considering joining us for whatever comes next, now is a great time to get involved and spectate a few of those important games.

I'll be back with Playoff news next week, where our European, North American and Oceanic coaches come together to battle it out and crown the overall winner!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Like! +1! Hurrah! Thanks to Phil and team for all their hard work on this, and good luck to all.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi all!

The Online Dutch Open group stages are just about complete!

Congratulations to our five winners / eight playoff combatants:

North American Group: happygrue (High Elf)
Oceanic Group: Relezite (Wood Elf)
European Group 1: Thot (Amazon) / Soycu (Norse)
European Group 2: Yashin (Wood Elf) / Tripleskull (Wood Elf)
European Group 3: eldrichfox (Lizardmen) / Hamlet1980 (Wood Elf)

And our Stunty Cup Finalists:

Stimme (Goblin - North America) V Jopotzuki (Goblin - Europe)

Special comiserations to Jokaero (Dwarf) who missed out on qualification in European Group 2 on tiebreakers (strength of schedule). Next time!

The playoffs will begin shortly, and I will keep progress updated in the FUMBBL forum and in my blog space; I hope you’ll be able to follow the hunt for the overall Championship and those cool Dutch Open dice over the next three weeks.

The next online NAF event is already cooking away in the background, and you can expect initial details this week via all of the usual channels. It’s going to be a good one with more physical prize support than ever before, so you’ll want to be a part of it!

Thanks to all that played in the Online Dutch Open, it’s been a blast. :)