Fumbbl/Cyanide Comparison

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Fumbbl/Cyanide Comparison

Post by dode74 »

frogboy wrote:I know some people don't like playing side on but if it's a problem then you can always turn your screen sideways :orc:
If that worked I'd be there far more often!

Reason: ''
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

dode74 wrote:
frogboy wrote:I know some people don't like playing side on but if it's a problem then you can always turn your screen sideways :orc:
If that worked I'd be there far more often!
That's a shame. Side on is so much better imo, once you get used to it. Also better fits the monitor.

I love the clean simplicity of FUMBBL, I can see everything clearly and play it as a tactical board game. I do wish the client was scalable though.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

rolo wrote:Took them a long time and several false tries, but nobody in my league has had a net sync error since they announced the fix.
They're the lucky ones then, it's still a problem for some people. Someone recently bought it and is having that problem
over on the BBTactics board, so it's definetly not fixed.

And many/most of the bugs on the "bug list" thread were reported by ticket during the beta testing for BB1 (and as we found out, during the alpha testing of BB1), and then again during beta testing for BB:LE. The fact that most of them were re-reported by non-beta users once the forum was up and running should tell you volumes of their ability to fix bugs.

[Edit] Sorry, Facebook, not BBTactics. The one on BBTactics has started having the problem recently.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

WhatBall wrote:That's a shame. Side on is so much better imo, once you get used to it. Also better fits the monitor.
I play TT end on as well, which is probably why I am used to it and found the orientation in Cyanide easier. I find end on makes it easier to play with a "the enemy's gate is down" mindset.
I love the clean simplicity of FUMBBL, I can see everything clearly and play it as a tactical board game. I do wish the client was scalable though.
I'd agree with that.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

WhatBall wrote: That's a shame. Side on is so much better imo, once you get used to it. Also better fits the monitor.
I don't care much about the pitch orientation but the vertical orientation wouldn't fit badly the monitor, since the client is very small compared to an average monitor size.
An option to change orientation would be nice.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I'm not talking about changing the screen orientation, i'm talking about turning your monitor on its side...

?!?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I know :P