I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by Heff »

Well think I played my first 145 game, not sure as my team don't figure and neither did my opo. Beat his Kemri 2-0. First win in AGES

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

I'll second the 145 Club. It was a really good introduction with a good mix of coaches playing. League ran over 3 weeks, did get tough arranging games as people decide not to play after signing up etc. My advice is sign up and be pro-active in terms of asking for games. You need use PMs and the league thread to get as many games in as you can.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

To be blunt Heff its probably just because you arent as good as you thought you were. I know when i joined fumbbl I thought i was a decent coach then quickly realised I was below average. It took about 6 months to a year to become properly good at the game.

Just keep plucking away and you will improve over time. Also stop using your apo to save injured players, use it to save KO and BH players to help you win the match in hand ;)

I also dont get what voyager is talking about in regards to the RNG as it is actually more accurate than rolling dice - http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/That% ... is_of_Dice
https://fumbbl.com/help:FFB_RNG

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

garion wrote:To be blunt Heff its probably just because you arent as good as you thought you were. I know when i joined fumbbl I thought i was a decent coach then quickly realised I was below average. It took about 6 months to a year to become properly good at the game.

Just keep plucking away and you will improve over time. Also stop using your apo to save injured players, use it to save KO and BH players to help you win the match in hand ;)

I also dont get what voyager is talking about in regards to the RNG as it is actually more accurate than rolling dice - http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/That% ... is_of_Dice
https://fumbbl.com/help:FFB_RNG
1 Read my initial post
2 Harsh :( :cry:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
garion

Post by garion »

I don't think I was harsh really. I just think it is true of many people that play at fumbbl they come thinking they are better than they are. The standard on the whole isnt that high on fumbbl there are many many worse coaches than you. But there are about 100 coaches that are very very good that play there regularly or pop in from time to time and I know I had to learn the hard way. keep at it though and in a years time come back to this thread and I am sure you will be ten times the coach you were then. Also if you see me online on fumbbl on a Tuesday to thursday shoot me a PM I would be more than happy to play a friendly of sorts in the L division and give you some pointers if you like.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by voyagers_uk »

Garion it is simple really, online dice are no where near real FOR ME, I am above average yet lose every game pretty much due to dice rolls

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
garion

Post by garion »

voyagers_uk wrote:Garion it is simple really, online dice are no where near real FOR ME, I am above average yet lose every game pretty much due to dice rolls
How do you know you are above average? If you lose every game to dice that is always the cry of a poor coaching in my experience. Obviously I have no idea how good or bad you are or how much you are exagerating (I'm guessing a fair bit of exaggeration going on). But read the links I posted the dice on fumbbl are fine, and real dice actually have a slight bias towards 1s anyway. Obviously a tiny amount. But you know what I mean. I know Cyanides RNG was (maybe still is?) pretty poor. but the fumbbl one is superior. The links I posted above explain how it works.

The better coaches on table top all do very well on fumbbl... like Purplegoo, Joemanji and the like.....

whats your coach name on fumbbl?

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Obviously just not picking well enough xD

I jest, I jest. What I would say though is you need to give it a really good go. wait until your a couple of hundred games in before you pass judgement on your own ability. You'll probably also see an improvement in your coaching over the 200 odd games too.

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by voyagers_uk »

I know that I am not the coach I was, I have been in various tabletop leagues over the years and have rarely if ever lost a match. I played against all levels of opposition and some very good coaches. The guy who came third at the initial resurrection tournament in Nottingham were in my league and I always beat him. The tag in my signature came on playing via pbem rather than fumbbl and I wasn't saying fumbbl dice were bad just online in general. I am cursed whilst online. The statement that I was above average is self confidence u am sure but it is based on many years of 1st place league wins.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

maybe the coaches around you that you thought were good weren't as good as the general standard of fumbbl?

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

garion wrote: I just think it is true of many people that play at FUMBBL they come thinking they are better than they are.
Well I'm screwed. I was thinking of playing some FUMBBL this summer and I know I'm not that good of a coach. I'm not that good here in the US, all the Europeans I've met are very good. If FUMBBL is up from there I am in for a thrashing. :(

garion

Post by garion »

Sorry to clarify I thought you were exaggerating about how bad your dice are online. I'm not doubting you are a decent coach I actually assumed you would be quite good. Have you got a fumbbl account (what's your username?) you should try it out some voyager the rng is genuinely state of the art. Those links explain why. The rng on cyanide was really shockingly bad. It used pre determined rolls and I believe it still does though maybe wrong because they got a lot of stick for what a terrible job they did. I'm not sure how pbem rng works but I'm sure galak can explain that.

Anyway hope to see you all online soon. There is a new client release coming soon and dirty tricks deck should be added just in testing atm to iron out some bugs.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

While there are many issues with the Cyanide platform the RNG is not one of them. The RNG on Cyanide and the RNG on FUMBBL are as good as each other for the purposes of producing a random number which will work at least as well as dice.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

All I know is on TT apo's are a good investment, while on fumble they are a waste of time :D

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

And you cant even fire them ;)