Possible MBBL2 newbie

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Possible MBBL2 newbie

Post by Darkson »

There's a possibiblity I may be in the next MBBL2 season, and I've decided to play a Fimir team for 2 reasons:-

1) I always liked the models (and would love to see them make a come-back).
2) I didn't see any other Fimir team.

Now for the problem. Is there anyone who could send me a log or 2 of their MBBL2 games so I can see some of the ...um.... more exotic rules in action.

Thanks.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Actually Darkson playing in the MBBL2 is really not that bad.

Biggest things to remember:

1) When you get your opponent, see what race his team is. Then take the few minutes to read the page on his race. Anything special you need to know is going to be on that one web page.

2) Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches count as they can get you special play cards. Debate about if it is worth it to invest some cash in them. There are a lot of MBBL2 teams with 4-8 of both on their rosters.

3) Special coaching staff:
Apothecaries have up to 5 levels if you are willing to drop the cash and TR for them. I recommend up to level 3 for most teams after that I really don't see the value.
Personal Apothecaries .... the player better walk on water or be expensive with a low AV before I'd even consider it ... very very few personal apoths have been purchased in the MBBL2's history.
Personal Trainers .... buy access to another skill category for a player for 50k. Sounds good ... again very few players use it.

4) On-Pitch Spellcasters ... these guys rock and you better know what an opposing spellcaster's spells do if your opponent has one. Since you are playing Fimir ... I'm imaging these rules you'll get familir with quickly.

5) Bionic parts ... personal taste really. I think currently less than 10 players total across 55 teams in the MBBL2 have bionic upgrades. The 1 in 36 chance of death or 10 in 36 chance of losing a point of ST makes the surgery not worth it to most players.

That pretty much covers it. I think most of the players in any of the 4 currently leagues that use the MBBL2 rules base would tell you that its really not hard to play in the MBBL2 .... following rule 1 is the biggest key.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cheers Galak.

I suppose what'ds the worst that can happen. I get totally out-classed and end up losing many more than I win - so just like my normal PBeM and tabletop results then :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.