Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Post by Glorian Underhill »

The official gamesite has some more infos:

http://de-cyanide.gamesplanet.com/shop/dungeon-bowl

What I'm stunned is: There it says Multiplayer only, so there is no single player content? No crappy AI I can block to dust? Thats not nice. And a big reason for me not to buy it. I am trying to squeeze some games into my daily routine but cannot search for a game and then jump in the middle of it to care my offspring.

Not nice cynide, I haven't read this info anywhere before. :pissed:
Or it was just me didn't hearing what I didn't wanna hear.

Reason: ''
Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Found the manual :)

http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/wp-cont ... n-Bowl.pdf

Discuss.

Edit: it does seem to read as multiplayer (LAN or online only).

Team selection rules P33
Team selection method P26

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Glorian Underhill wrote:Not nice cynide, I haven't read this info anywhere before. :pissed:
Or it was just me didn't hearing what I didn't wanna hear.
P.1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36312#p639284 :wink:
They've been very open about this from day 1, which is unusual for them, though I think it's a stupid idea for the reason you gave and others.
I don't expect this game to have a very long life, and wouldn't be surprised if it get's dropped before all the teams are released.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Well then it is my fault as I was believing what I want. :(

So I wont think I will buy it. Multiplayer on the legendary edition was strange enough with all the dropouts once you killed them three dwarf blockers. :roll:

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Glorian Underhill wrote:Well then it is my fault as I was believing what I want. :(

So I wont think I will buy it. Multiplayer on the legendary edition was strange enough with all the dropouts once you killed them three dwarf blockers. :roll:
Ihad a disconnect after the first block of turn one once. It was only a stun! Yes he was a dwarf.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Heff wrote: Ihad a disconnect after the first block of turn one once. It was only a stun! Yes he was a dwarf.
Interesting. And which race was he playing?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

LMFAO!!

Day 1, and already a page full of bugs, including one where it just awards the win to one player or the other: http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/forums/ ... 4a6dddf1a2

If it wasn't for the fact it's Cyanide, I'd be surprised!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Remember BB1, where the test team flagged a whole bunch of bugs but they weren't fixed in time for release (or sometimes at all)? I can't say that's what happened here, but... :roll:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hence why I'm not surprised. Glad I kept my tenner in my pocket, as yet again Cyanide show how inept they are.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Shteve0 wrote:
Heff wrote: Ihad a disconnect after the first block of turn one once. It was only a stun! Yes he was a dwarf.
Interesting. And which race was he playing?
:orc:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Just to say to the orginal post - if you dont want to play cyanide bb then dont.

In reagrds the dungeon game it is a riot. Complete chaos and for players that never had mixed lists its a surprise that essentially every team is similar now. The game is real fun but it does have some code issue.

Consider this a beta and then you will enjoy it if you fancy DB. If you are looking for the perfect experience its not ready yet. It is very very refreshing and like a cool cocktail in summer; in both unique taste and not something you will want everyday, yet great.

...the pope said to his aid...
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

juck101 wrote: Consider this a beta and then you will enjoy it if you fancy DB. If you are looking for the perfect experience its not ready yet. It is very very refreshing and like a cool cocktail in summer; in both unique taste and not something you will want everyday, yet great.
Aren't Beta's normally free?

As it is filled with game breaking bugs at the moment, only has 3 teams that are all very samey and they have been a bit vague on when updates are coming out plus what they will contain and cost I will adopt a wait and see approach as I did with the original BB game.

Oh and they haven't even updated the rules to crp, just kept the old white dwarf article from the original 3rd edition. :roll:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't pay to beta-test, I fell for that with BB1, and Cyanide showed their imcompetence with that - I'm not going to do it again.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

spubbbba wrote:
Oh and they haven't even updated the rules to crp, just kept the old white dwarf article from the original 3rd edition. :roll:
ae you fecking kidding me?? what a crock of sh1t! :puke:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Norse wrote:
spubbbba wrote:
ae you fecking kidding me?? what a crock of sh1t! :puke:
Sadly not, see for yourself. :x

So you need to somehow cobble together bits from the white dwarf dungeonbowl rules, crp and their booklet which tells you which of those sets they are using along with their own changes. So I can only imagine how confusing that would be if some new person who played the original 2nd edition dungeonbowl wanted to get this game.

Of course it could be good old GW being thick and not letting them change the no longer relevant bits from Jervis's article. Seriously how hard would that be to replace the stuff about star players and mixed teams?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.