So, the MBBL second round?...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Hey Darkson, that reminds me, weren't you the one who got your ass kicked in a test game vs. Galak's halflings?

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, bring that up again why don't you :D

At least I finished with some players on the pitch, which I might not in this game :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well the Heirs finished with a 9-0 (3-0) win over the Waaaghington Greenskins. Dice were one-sided (in my direction) for a change.
Example: The Orcs were running a 'solid 9 square cage' (presumably worrying about my Leaping Dragon Warrior). I threw a 1D Block at the corner, got the push and moved the Orc Thrower with the ball out to the far corner. Moved a couple of guys in to negate the assists, then Blitzed with a DW. The 1D Block comes up Pow/skull, the Orc Thrower goes down and the ball bounces straight into the hands of the Blitzing DW. A Dodge and a couple of gfis and he's away down the field. I move a coupla guys around to cover his arse and there's going to be no way of stopping the score.
I would have loved to have seen my opponent's face as that turn unfolded, Pbem/online play just ain't the same! :D

As a side note..my Heirs, after 8 games, have actually managed to add a 12th player to their roster. I always find it takes a few games before Elves come into their own anyway, and with an AG5 Phoenix Warrior and a ST4 Dragon Warrior this team looks to be getting into a position to really start motoring, esp. if they can stay healthy for the next couple of games.

Who's next? :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

God, I hope it's not me! :P

GO STAMPEDERS!
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

DW... Think my team's up for a bit of Elf bashing. Wot only 4+ to break armour.....

Come on you slippery Elffy horrors......

Dave

PS I think we can rapidly get your roster below 12 players ;-)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I will have to come up against DD's Gangrettes. I played them in a practice match and got my butt kicked. Not looking forward to meeting them again.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Final score for the Doomville Dephilers vs Terrornaki Destroyers:
DD 12 - TD 6.

A very good game, but boy doesn't it suck when the defining moments are when you fail that vital dice roll (again!). At least my Lustrians got through it without a SI or death, so I'll have a complete roster available going into round 3.

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Dangerous Dave wrote:DW... Think my team's up for a bit of Elf bashing. Wot only 4+ to break armour.....

Come on you slippery Elffy horrors......

Dave

PS I think we can rapidly get your roster below 12 players ;-)
Fortunately my ignoble defeat at the hands of Chet's Amazons should keep us apart for now! :roll:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Yeah, well that Krox is lucky there are no bounties in this league! (I think there should be! Damn, commish telling me how I can spend my money!)

My mino finally gets some spp's goin on and you niggle him! POWAHAMMA WILL FEEL OUR WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, about to go 1-0 down, and with only 10 players (at most) for the rest of the game it doesn't look to good for the Darkstars.

Thank Nuffle the dwarfs (dwarves) are prevented from fouling by the handicap rolls.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well the Famously undead have won again, a big whopping 3-0, scored on the 7th turn of the second half. One mummy got an interception but other than that the big guys of both teams were better at knocking themselves over than anyone else.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
coldsteel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by coldsteel »

Well, Kill-kill Man-man NEEK got a 'win', because my opponent, according to Tom, was rewinding the game. I will not name names, if you want more data, ask Tom. Cheaters torque me off. At least I scored, couldn't do jack-diddley against a Dwarf team round 1. :cry: Shoulda took the Rat Ogre, me thinks... :-?

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well, Kill-kill Man-man NEEK got a 'win', because my opponent, according to Tom, was rewinding the game.
I know how that feels. :evil:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Well, Kill-kill Man-man NEEK got a 'win', because my opponent, according to Tom, was rewinding the game. I will not name names,
Not hard to work out who it was though. What's the point in cheating in a game that's meant to be fun? It's not even as if there's a physical prize at the end. Does this mean a new opening in the league for next round?

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Perhaps we should start a sticky listing of all known Online/PBeM cheaters.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329