So, the MBBL second round?...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

So, the MBBL second round?...

Post by Scott King »

How is everyone going? I'll kick it off.

My Lustrians (Terrornaki Destroyers) drew their second opponent and it was ANOTHER Chaos Pact team (Pariah's this time). I know it's just luck of the draw, and it's not a complaint, but how am I going to evaluate the effectiveness of Lustrians against established teams if all I play are other allied teams?

Anyway, first few turns, got my butt kicked by rampaging Big Guys, and he scored. Next few turns, the rolls have evened out, and I managed to SI his minotaur, and he KOed his Ogre, so 2 out of 3 Big Guys off the pitch at the moment. Since then, the game has been fairly even, although I failed a TD with a GFI on the line (a repeat of my first game), and he's back with the ball in my half. Advantage his, but not by an awful lot.

Reason: ''
If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Wahey! TalkBB is back... at least for now.

OK, my game (Dark Elves) vs. Robert Hitz's Necromantic team began very badly. The handicap roll was Assassin and he rolled a -1MA serious injury for one of my witch elves. I used my apothecary to heal her. (Let's face it, a MA6 witch elf isn't really worth keeping...)

I received, but rolled a Blitz result on the kickoff table. In Robert's bonus turn, his werewolf pushed my other witch elf off the pitch, fortunately she was only stunned so moved into the reserves. He then put TZs on lots of my players which was bound to cause me problems.

In my first turn, I managed to get a blitzer through to attempt to receive the ball, then tried leaping with the other blitzer, rolled a 1, re-rolled, got another 1, and the blitzer was KO'd as he fell.

Robert then put lots more TZs on my players (not so hard now he had two more players than me). My first witch elf then attempted to dodge and blitz away one of these. I rolled a 1, re-rolled it using the Dodge skill, got another 1, she fell over and died. Well, death is probably better than -1MA, since at least it brings my team rating down.

Robert then knocked over my thrower who was holding the ball with his werewolf and badly hurt him. He also knocked out another player. So I was down to seven players on the pitch. Unsurprisingly, he managed to score from here.

The second drive is going somewhat better... it could hardly go any worse. In the last turn I saw from Robert, one of his flesh golems rolled double skull and then re-rolled and got double skull again. I was then able to manoeuvre to be in a position where I might score next turn, but this could easily be scuppered by now.

Overall, it seems that the werewolf is a rather strong player, but on the other hand, the flesh golems seem somewhat less of an advantage than mummies.

Cheers,
Martyn

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Finally! TBB is back :)
But i probably only have 20 - 30 min on me to write this before it is down again.

My Chaos (Darkcloud Crushers) is again meeting a hard hitting team.
This time it is Chaos Dwarf (Swarchwald Beer Gutters)

Since SBG had 27 more TR than me i got 2 handicaps. Off course both were crap. I got +1 FF (maybe the worst handicap of them all) and all my opponents fouls are spotted on 4+ (Yeah like this one is going to help me much).

I started receiving and SBG got an extra reroll from cheering fans.

My extremly bad luck struck in my 2 turn as my ball carrying beastman failed his only GFI roll, but with a reroll he managed to hand-off the ball to a CW. The CW got behind SBG defense but he failed his first GFI roll.
After that a hobgoblin picked up the ball and started running towards my endzone.
In my next 2 turns i blitzed the hobbo with my beastmen but i could not knock him down. Luckily for me the hobbo failed his last dodge before he had a clear path to my endzone.
At the moment both coaches have players near the ball but noone have managed to pick it up yet.
Last i would like to add that its not only the ball carrying hobbo i cant knock down or injure.
I dont understand why but it seems impossible to break their AV. After blocking at least 1 of the 3 hobbos every turn in 5 turns i have only managed to stun one of them once.

Asmodan

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well we just started the 2nd half of the Famously Undead vs The Embalmed. Score is 0-0, his mummies vs my flesh golems/werewolf is slow and monotonous. Amusing note, one of his mummies achieved an interception. :oops:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Jeff's Orcs are suffering appalling luck against my Heirs...
Up by 2 TD's and I've got a Lion Warrior away downfield in possession.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just like to say I've joined MBBL with a rookie Vampire team, the Drakenhof Darkstars.

Please be gentle :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

What, another vamp team? I thought I had the only one, oh well, I guess I'm not the only one who will get there ass kicked.

BTW, just finished my first real game vs. Galak's halflings. It was a close game, I won by one TD. I did get some lucky rolls and SIed a couple or three of his players. Halfies are cheap anyways. I had to score my TDs with my vamp lord because my other vamps tended to lose there bloodthrist rolls (COFAB) and my thralls couldn't pick up the ball or even receive a handoff. Thralls weere good at causing injuries but his treeman did kill one of my thralls before we knocked him down, put the boots to him, and knocked him out.

Anyway, thanks for the game Galak, I'm sure I will get thoroughly thumped in my next games, but at least I won't finish the season winless.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm replacing a drop-out.

I'm am going to get a thorough ass-whupping.

1st match, Dwarfs TR161 :cry: . Still, save the witch-hunters a job. :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

The Dephilers vs. the Destroyers is going very well. As soon as we sort out a little Frenzy wrinkle, the Dephilers will be well on their way to a 9-3 lead!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Yea, I can hardly wait to play you, woo-hoo! :roll:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

The Dephilers vs. the Destroyers is going very well. As soon as we sort out a little Frenzy wrinkle, the Dephilers will be well on their way to a 9-3 lead!
Boo!!! Hissss!!! It's all fixed I tellya!!! Give me any team besides Chaos Pact and I'll show them what for!!

Seriously, it's been a good game, but Pariah knows how to take advantage of events, and even taking his Minotaur out of the game it's been a struggle. But next game, watch out!!

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, news of the second drive from my match. Both my players in the KO box failed to recover, so I only had nine players to set up with. I managed not to roll a Blitz! this time, though Robert gained another re-roll from the kickoff table.

As I began, I had at least one success managing to KO a wight with Pass Block. Yay! In my second turn, I attempted to form a cage as I dashed some players down one side of the pitch (the undead were breaking through down the centre). My ball carrier failed to gfi and fell over, and the ball bounced to remaining witch elf who grabbed hold of it.

One of Robert's flesh golems then rolled double skull, and re-rolled double skull, so he suffered a turnover before he could knock over the exposed witch elf ball carrier. The elves ran further into the undead half and this time successfully formed a loose cage around the witch elf. Robert dodges a werewolf into the cage (two successful 3+/4+ dodges achieved), but finally luck ran out when he went for it, but got a 1 on the roll and the re-roll as he attempted to blitz the ball carrier. Phew!

This left the way open for me to score, but did I do the wise thing? Nope. Seeing Robert's best player on the floor, I decided that I'd had enough assists to chance a foul. I managed to stun the werewolf, but my player got sent off. (Note to self: Never ever foul, you always roll a 6 on the ref roll!)

It was then Robert's 7th turn of the half. His only chance to stop me scoring was to blitz the witch elf with a ghoul (1-die block) - the cage was no longer quite so effective since one member had been sent off. He rolled a POW and stunned the witch elf and left the ball with a ghoul and a zombie with a tackle zone on it each. My last turn of the half and things looking desperate... line-elf dodges and blitzes the ghoul (1-die block), rolls Pow and KO's the ghoul. Another line-elf dodges onto the ball (3+), picks the ball up (3+ uses re-roll), dodges out (2+) and hand-off to another player who is in the clear (2+ catch). This player then runs in to score.

One turn for Robert in the half left and the score is 1 TD each. Sadly that's where my good news ends... both his players recover from their state of being KO'd, while mine don't. I only have 8 to set up, and I have to hope that they recover for the beginning of the second half.

Perhaps more tales of woe to come...

Cheers,
Martyn

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I'm having a great time playing this game with Scott but...
it's exactly what I thought would happen and what I haggled with Tom about. Two goliaths beating each other into balance with the rest of the league. The result will be that both of our teams will be weakened so by the time we play normal teams they will appear balanced. Allied teams should not have played each other this soon!
One of the biggest probs I have with this roster is the 3 big guys. If I lose those in games with other unbalanced team, I don't have much to test in a normal match.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just about to kick off the 2nd half. I've got 2 KO'd vamps (both failed their rolls - GITS) and 2 BH thralls so I've only got 8 fit players facing 11 dwarfs and an Orge (obviously not at the same time).
Scores still 0-0, though that's down to the Orge rolling double skulls on his block in turn 8.

With 3 vamps I've managed to blow 4 COFAB's (2 of them when down to 1 on the pitch :roll: ), which did cost me the chance to score.

've got a grand total of 0 SPP in the 1st half.

I can see it's gonna be a long old season :roll: :lol:

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Yea, welcome to the wonderful world of playing vamps. The both figuratively and literally suck! The only SPPs earn was with vamp lord because he was the only one who could do anything!

Good Luck! (you will need it)

GO STAMPEDERS!