Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Post by Darkson »

If I'd paid the full price, I'd be disappointed. Yes, it is an improvement from BB1, but there are still to many things wrong with it (some of which should have been fixed months ago when they were first reported) for me to find it a "great" game for the money.

As it is, for the cost I paid, I'm loving it! :D

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

WildAnimal wrote:Then find there cheerleaders and zoom....OMG nice :-)
What are the keyboard buttons for Zoom in and Zoom out?

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I was just looking at the single player exhibition match options - I spotted there's a Halfling team called the Iron Chefs! Is that Galak's team? Nice to see they don't want Galak to have anything to do with Blood Bowl but they're happy to borrow the team he made famous...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
WildAnimal wrote:Then find there cheerleaders and zoom....OMG nice :-)
What are the keyboard buttons for Zoom in and Zoom out?

Galak
if you have a wheel mouse just roll the wheel each way

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

echoing some others... the game is much faster to load and for the AI to complete it's actions. It makes smarter skill choices and plays harder.

rolling snake eyes as a first skill on my snow troll makes me love this game though

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

howlinggriffon wrote:I was just looking at the single player exhibition match options - I spotted there's a Halfling team called the Iron Chefs! Is that Galak's team? Nice to see they don't want Galak to have anything to do with Blood Bowl but they're happy to borrow the team he made famous...
I wish I could get into this more ... stupid lawyers. Let's just leave it at the Cyanide folks are not GW and have more respect for the game. I'm quite happy to see my team in the game and if you play Halflings ... Bob and Jim actually talk about my team.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Enarion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Enarion »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote:I was just looking at the single player exhibition match options - I spotted there's a Halfling team called the Iron Chefs! Is that Galak's team? Nice to see they don't want Galak to have anything to do with Blood Bowl but they're happy to borrow the team he made famous...
I wish I could get into this more ... stupid lawyers. Let's just leave it at the Cyanide folks are not GW and have more respect for the game. I'm quite happy to see my team in the game and if you play Halflings ... Bob and Jim actually talk about my team.

Galak
Yep the famous Ironwood brothers. ;)

Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

I got my copy of LE last night and saw 'GalakSS' has an honorable mention at the bottom of the credits on the last page of the handbook

Geocaching - The most fun you can have with a smartphone and a pencil
First official recipient of 'The Glowworm Award'
deanup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deanup »

Spiky wrote:I got my copy of LE last night and saw 'GalakSS' has an honorable mention at the bottom of the credits on the last page of the handbook
I suspect that Cyanide (as fans) have more respect for the great man than the corporate guys at GW are allowed to admit they have.

Funksultan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Funksultan »

Love it. Agreed the medium AI is the way to go, but again, it could still use the benefit of an algorithm that would switch it's risk factor (when it has more players than you on the pitch, play safer, and vice versa).

My only complaint at the moment is piling on. I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere, but is this skill broken or what? With no choice as to when it's used, I've seen a player score a KO, only to reverse it to a stun. *cry* Maybe there's some setting I'm missing.

(The reserve player bug should be fixed post haste.... but I have confidence in this being fixed sooner than later)

D

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

AFAIK you can set individual skills to "ask before using"

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well I've bitten the bullet and got this game.

It's taken me a while to get the hang of things and after playing on FUMBBL it seems so clunky. Wish I could switch off the stupid animations that show every little movement and am getting annoyed at the camera angles too.

I've only played the AI so far as I get used to the interface and it's not even come close to scoring. Once I'ma bit more comfortable with the controls will be good to get a few practice games in vs people from here or FUMBBL as at least that way I won't get stuck with some cry baby who quits as soon as I KO one of their players.

Has that patch sorted the worst of the cheats like menu spam and disconnections with no loss as well? I see different reports on the cyanide forum.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Funksultan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Funksultan »

plasmoid wrote:AFAIK you can set individual skills to "ask before using"
Heheh, how??

deanup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deanup »

spubbbba wrote:Well I've bitten the bullet and got this game.

It's taken me a while to get the hang of things and after playing on FUMBBL it seems so clunky. Wish I could switch off the stupid animations that show every little movement and am getting annoyed at the camera angles too.

I've only played the AI so far as I get used to the interface and it's not even come close to scoring. Once I'ma bit more comfortable with the controls will be good to get a few practice games in vs people from here or FUMBBL as at least that way I won't get stuck with some cry baby who quits as soon as I KO one of their players.

Has that patch sorted the worst of the cheats like menu spam and disconnections with no loss as well? I see different reports on the cyanide forum.
Hit escape during the game and it fixes the camera angle. Also to speed up play hit the + button during AI turn and then - button when it is yours.

Makes the whole thing easier to deal with.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Funksultan wrote:
plasmoid wrote:AFAIK you can set individual skills to "ask before using"
Heheh, how??
It's in the options menu somewhere iirc - I found it without actually looking for it, so can't exactly remember where it is!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.