New League anyone interested?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Yeh I be up for it.
Let me know when the sites up so I can take a look at rulings etc.
I'll pm you later or something

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Quality over quantity...?

Post by IronAge_Man »

Nice to see you're getting help from FUMBBL regulars.

Christer is too busy working on the tools like League Manager and bug fixing with SkiJunkie to devote much time to 'fluff'; you don't have that problem, plus all the tools are in place, so your idea has potential.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Count me in.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Few Technical difficulties ............ Ok I forgot to install the CD Burning software on his machine at work. So will have to do it on Monday. Although Vorner is working shift which might delay things alittle. But trust me its coming and its worth it.

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Right more updates have been completed and the site is ready to release upon the world!

But...... my pc has packed up at home. Well NTL's adsl line has packed up to be precise! (Do not go with NTL if you have any other possible choice. Get a different broadband supplier!)

But the good news is that the web pages have been transferred to cd and hopefully can be uploaded to the webspace via Plantagenet's machine. (Can't do it from work you see.)

This means the site (should) be running by tomorrow Weds evening. A few of the entrants have been entered onto the pages, with more being added over the next few days.

Have no fear, I will get the site operational!

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Right the Web Site is up... bloomin NTL kept throwing us a curve ball. Dont worry about popups you only get lots in your first visit then its just one per page after that. I will investigate into finding a better web host but for now fortunecity is very attractive as it is free.

the URL is

http://members.fortunecity.com/bloodbowl01/

If you find any problems with site let me know

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Also if you have speakers and are using this website at work be careful it has sound

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Oi !! I thought I was going to let them know about it!

Ok so thats the site anyway. Hope you like it. There are the basic sections there. On my to do list... (NTL engineer is coming out tomorrow.) Are to fix a few gifs and sort a few pages.

Apologies to the coaches that have already submitted teams. Some of your details are totally wrong! I have put some titles in what look like the wrong places as a planning proceedure... so don't worry. I have your team zips. So no fear they are about to be updated... this morning! (Ntl.... hate soooo much.)

Planty mentioned the wav files. This may cause some pcs to download at a very slow rate. One simple way to sort this out is TO STOP BEING A SKINFLINT and pay for a better connection! lol

Seriously if most of the coaches do find any problems with the download speed then this is something we will address.

So this should give any potentially interested parties a clue as to what the league will be about. As you can see from the league pages there is only room enough for 18 coaches... better get your skates on if you want to get in.

Send.... a team history/story/fluff/gumff/bummf whatever you wish to call it, (in txt format is best) plus a team list in html format.
To my email address.

Cheers,
Vorner23

Dinaturz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dinaturz »

I gave a glance at it... :D

Of course it some tuning, but it seems pretty clear and nice.

Now I am waiting for the League Day 1! :P

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

ok folks we now have enough coaches for 60% of the league, providing for 3 divisions.

So if you're interested better get those teams in!

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Right we're very close to having a full three divisions.

Get those teams in now or miss out on the first season.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

BTW, when will the first season start (can't wait).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

My team is in
My only request is you put me in the bottom division, with oposition made entirely made of 100% Hobgoblin sides :lol:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Well we do have a CD team, although I don't think they'll be a push over.

We now have enough teams submitted for 2 leagues and a bit. Would be cool to have a full third division. Just waiting for a few stragglers to submit their teams.

So far we have :

2 humans
2 undead
1 necromancer
1 Nuns
2 orcs
1 high elf
1 skaven
1 amazonians
1 chaos dwarves

The a few possibles which need to get their lists in.

As for when it's going to start, we just need to get these last coaches in. Then we'll start straight away. Hopefully can move the site to a better server today. (sunday) And update all the existing teams on the team page. Provisionally I could also do the draw for the playoff round.

Two random fixtures used to rank all the paricipants which then is used to divide them into leagues. I was really hoping to have the 3 divisions because then the promos and demotions will change the league more each season.

cheers,
Peter/vorner23

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Hmm didn't realise you would be using experimental teams, they havn't been balenced yet, what rosters you using for them?