MBBL Season 2 starting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Here is an what happened in the 1st half of the match between
Darkcloud Crushers (Chaos) and Creveland Bones (Necromantic)

CB was receiving, and with the fans cheering on them they got an extra reroll for the first half.
It started bad for my chaos as CB werewolf pushed a beastman in to the crowd in the first turn, a zombie ko´d a chaos warrior in the second turn and a beastman failed a dodge, got SI-miss next game in turn 3.

CB had until now tried to get their ghouls past the DC defense by opening a hole near the left sideline. This resulted with the ball bouncing into the crowd and then a wight pushed out of the field. The ball was thrown far down CB´s half of the field. Again a beastman failed his dodge ,but this time he only got stunned.

A ghoul got the ball but without a hole in CD defense he had to seek protection behind his offense. A flesh golem ko´d a second chaos warrior, but with a double skull roll for the werewolf gave the now prone beastman a chance to blitz the ghoul with the ball.

The ghoul got stunned, but the beastman went also down in the grass.
The ball landed after a failed catch roll by a zombie, behind a chaos warrior.

CB managed to create a hole in DC´s defense and ko a beastman, but failed to pick up the ball.
DC did their best to keep CB from getting the ball in what would be CB´s last turn.
But CB had the luck on their side and KILLED a chaos warrior and BH another one. But to the relief for DC they failed again to pick up the ball.
And with nothing happining in DC´s last turn that ended the first half.

Summary: It´s 0-0 with DC having 1 dead, 1SI, 1 BH and 3KO while CB have not gotten even 1 injured yet.

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Update to FW vs FU. My opponent was found and i am not getting a victory from concession :D . The timing will be tite but im hoping we can still finish the game. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yeah ... okay looks like Neo and I's match is heading into 2-1 (6-3) score going into Halftime. Neo still has a chance to kick in a quick 2 points, but I'm not sure if he'll try it or not.

This is the 7th match in the Halflings career and the score late in the 1st half means they still have yet to be shut out.

So while the Halflings will probably finish this match with a record of 1-6. They've always scored which is my personal goal with this team.

I'm really trying to win though because Balrog is buying me dinner at Gen Con 2003 if I can go at least 4-2 this season of the MBBL.

Now if my Treeman could just remember how to break AV 7 life would be good.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I forget whats the deadline for mbbl ?

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Nov. 8th

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Ack but this will be tite, where is Jim when i really need him as an opponent.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Turn 2 of the second half and my dark elves have equalized against Bob's dwarves. The score is now one touchdown each. It was the classic elf move: line-elf blitzed away a dwarf from another elf. A third passed to the elf who now was clear of tackle zones. This elf handed the ball to my Nerves of Steel blitzer, who dodged away, went for it, and scored.

I now have seven turns to somehow get the ball off the dwarves or prevent them scoring. Hmmm... tricky.

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well it may pay off to gamble on placing the ball. Basically you need to stop them getting into a cage. So either kick long or short and hope that you don't get a touch back. Of course if you have Place Kick this will help and you need to ensure that you can get speedy players down field if you kick long - if you don't have Place Kick I recommend kicking to the middle square one in from the edge of the board (ie deep) so tht it can bounce without going out.

Of course if you kick the ball out, then the cage is a certainty...... but at least you have a chance if you get the ball away from his runners.

As for my game well the Khemri have taken a 6-0 lead at half time. They are also leading 4-0 in casualties, 1 other CD is KO'd and a second CD was sent off for fouling. So its 11 players v 6 at the start of the second half and its still raining... if you want to take Dwarves out I recommend getting some Mummies! (yes I know you can't!). I think its time that the 2 Bull Centaurs tasted some some dirt in a Mummy sandwich! :) At least SBG hasn't suffered any long term damage yet... all the cas have so far been BH's and his apoth has not yet been used.

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Well it may pay off to gamble on placing the ball. Basically you need to stop them getting into a cage. So either kick long or short and hope that you don't get a touch back. Of course if you have Place Kick this will help and you need to ensure that you can get speedy players down field if you kick long - if you don't have Place Kick I recommend kicking to the middle square one in from the edge of the board (ie deep) so tht it can bounce without going out.
Yep, that's what I'm trying. Fortunately I do have a player with Place Kick, so I've placed the ball two squares from the end in the middle. (Last time I tried it 3 squares from the corner, and the wretched thing bounced towards the LoS.) Let's see if it stays sufficiently deep that I can get players in between the ball carrier and the potential cage.

Cheers,
Martyn

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

sean newboy wrote:Ack but this will be tite, where is Jim when i really need him as an opponent.
Holla.
(i'm assuming you're not talking about another jim, but maybe you are) (and no, i wasn't trying to spell "hola").

where am i? where am I? Losing 2 players to SI or Death (a lineorc who lost a point of ST, and a Dead black orc) in the OT of a game that should have seen a greenskin touchdown (and its last turn) long ago.

which reminds me - what are the rules about starting teams over in the MBBL, if any? it shouldn't be THAT bad at the end of the match, but i'm not looking forward to the prospect of fielding 8 players, including only one black orc, for my next game. of course, it would be an interesting challenge . . .

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No restarts ... its called Freeboot.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

DaFoola wrote:which reminds me - what are the rules about starting teams over in the MBBL, if any? it shouldn't be THAT bad at the end of the match, but i'm not looking forward to the prospect of fielding 8 players, including only one black orc, for my next game. of course, it would be an interesting challenge . . .
You honestly think I'll get rid of 3 Orcs. You haven't seen me play yet :o . End of the 1st half vs. Galak and I haven't broken his 'flings AV once. Still no score though (yahoo).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Here is what happened in the 2nd half between Darkcloud Crushers and Creveland Bones.

DC was receiving this half and got an extra reroll from brilliant coaching.
Because of the casualities they suffered in the 1st half they could only field 7 players.
It did not start well as the ball landed 3 squares from the half and a beastman rolled a skull when he blocked, and also got a skull on the reroll.
CB massed forward knocking away the chaos players and got the ball, just to get blitzed by a beastman and lose it again.
But a failed pick up roll stopped DC from getting the ball.

CB got the ball again after knocking 6 of the 7 chaos players over.
Another failed block from a beastman, and the ballcarrier was free to run in and score a TD. 3-0 to CB.

Starting up again, this time with 8 players for DC, the pitch got invaded by the angry crowd leaving 5 CB players stunned.
The ball landed this time in the middle of the field just one square away from touchback.

For the next 3 turns both teams tried to get the ball, but any atempt to pick it up failed. Dc finally managed to do their first casuality as a beastman SI the werewolf.

In the last turn a beastman succeded in picking up the ball, and for the first time in the game DC had the ball.
But his pass atempt failed not surprisingly.

Summary: 3-0 to CB, with DC getting 1 dead, 1SI and 1BH, while CB only got 1SI

Fenryll

Post by Fenryll »

Ok it's Fenryll coach of The Creveland Bones !!!

Asmodan perfectly resume our Game. But i think i must say that our 2 teams are really bastard because they have really axful problems to get the ball.

First Half was not really excited but Second Half was really funny when at each turn we see that no one could take the ball.

I think i win because As modan is the second Unluckiest guy in the world (First Place is for Grifter of course).

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I made a personal new record in bad luck that game.
My players failed most of their AV rolls resulting in me having only 4 players left on the field after 1st half.
In addition my players did only succed to injure 2 players, and they got only stunned.
Even the pitch invasion could only stun his players.
And since my players also failed almost every dodge and pick up roll it took me 16 turns to finally get the ball.

But the bad luck seemed to go away at the end of the game so I will be back next game and this time without any bad luck. (At least thats what I´m praying for)

Asmodan