MBBL Season 2 starting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

martynq wrote:12-0!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :roll: :roll:

Martyn
Yeah. Sorry. Kicking rules inflate the numbers. 4 Tds.

Reason: ''
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. Silly me. :oops:

Martyn

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

oh yeah, TDs are worth 3 points. i, too, had this reaction.

i myself would be off to a nice start if my orc blitzers hadn't dropped accurate passes- twice - with rerolls -and failed to pick up the ball on turn 8 of the half with a clear path to the endzone. unless i'm mistaken, the odds of this happening are about 1/243. lucky me.

maybe i need to change the name of the team from thugburz akd to stonehands ak.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

SBG v Gangrenettes update

Gangrenettes have scored at turn 5 to lead 3-0. A mummy has BH'd another CD and to add insult to injury none of the 2 KO'd CDs are back.

So SBG have 5 players - 2 Bulls, 2 CDs and 1 Hobbo against 4 Mummies, 2 Blitz-ras, 2 Throw-ras and skeletons.

Sometimes the dice just don't work for you - and SBG is certainly suffering from that this game.

Dave

PS and what is very odd, the only time I have used Piling On has been on a KO - all the other times I have either failed the av roll (ie roll 4 or less!) or broken armour without needing Piling On!

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

No score yet in the Drunken Masters vs Doomville Dephilers game but the Drunken Masters are down to 5 players on the pitch.

And you thought 3 big guys was over powered...heh.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

The Famously Undead win against elves, due to concession :pissed: .

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Beginning of the secound quarter of Terrornaki Destroyers (Lustria allied) and Massacre United (Chaos Pact), and MU are living up to their name. They scored once and have killed one linewoman, and BH another. Now the Destoyers have set up for their first drive, and rolled kicking team blitz on the kickoff. @#$%, and also &%*$!!! The Lords of the Dice have gone on holiday.

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Nuffle continues to piss on Thugburz AKD, as a failed GFI (reroll included) costs them Yet Another end-of-half TD after a Riot left little time in the second half. Anyone else looking at OT?

Sean, it appears that fortunes have turned around for both of us since our pre-season test match. Good for you, bad for me.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sean, it appears that fortunes have turned around for both of us since our pre-season test match. Good for you, bad for me.
Actually i dont consider that a good result, ever. Especially in this case, i think i should have been able to score 5 points at least and with only av7 i should have ended up with at least 2 casualties, so in the long run i got a player 1 game early but lost valuable ( i think more so) player advancement. It sickens me to think that in pbem i have started 5 teams and won 3 of their first games from opponent errors (2 cheaters, 1 noshow).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Ah. I was thinking the concession would have been due to something much more satisfying, like your opponent not being able to field enough players.

Certainly, winning on the field beats winning because the other guy didn't show or didn't play by the rules. Ah, well.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

sean newboy wrote:Actually i dont consider that a good result, ever. Especially in this case, i think i should have been able to score 5 points at least and with only av7 i should have ended up with at least 2 casualties, so in the long run i got a player 1 game early but lost valuable ( i think more so) player advancement. It sickens me to think that in pbem i have started 5 teams and won 3 of their first games from opponent errors (2 cheaters, 1 noshow).
Sorry Sean ... I do my best to weed out folks ahead of time. I don't know why, but I've had HORRIBLE luck with coaches who live in France. I've not had any problems with them cheating, but they suddenly quit without ANY warning all the time (no notice, just vanish and I never hear from them again).

Sorry Sean, I try, but you seem to attract this folks.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

All MBBL leaguers (Galak, would you accept the word ? Well from leaguers to läger's, there is only a feet which should be confusing ;)), I read during the past season your feedback with a lot of pleasure, and I guess a lot of people here too.

I would have a special request: you seem to accept this season some allied teams. Should it be possible to have feedbacks from both opponents? Because of the threads on balancing/not balancing, I think it should be the best answer.

THanks in advance ! ANd have a good game !

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sorry Sean ... I do my best to weed out folks ahead of time. I don't know why, but I've had HORRIBLE luck with coaches who live in France. I've not had any problems with them cheating, but they suddenly quit without ANY warning all the time (no notice, just vanish and I never hear from them again).

Sorry Sean, I try, but you seem to attract this folks.
I dont blame u at all Galak. I have done actual hiring and firing for jobs, and even that is a crap shoot, and in that case u get to personally judge peoples attitudes. U have no idea some of the "fun" i have had in some of my pbem games. As for the last, I have noticed this, and not just in pbem. Sean Newboy has existed for more than 3 years online and boy has he plumbed the depths of humanity.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

It's the end of the first half in the match between my dark elves and Bob Beckwith's dwarves. The dwarves have scored a touchdown (took them 8 turns to get there), so I only had one turn to reply in. I attempted a field goal and my witch elf was just one square short with her kick.

The elves did very badly on defense however. I managed to roll 5 ones in 11 dodge dice. :o Fortunately, Bob has rolled equally badly on his injury dice - I think he's broken armour 10 times, but half of those have been stuns and the other half KOs, all but one of which are back for the beginning of the second half. Oh yeah, 55% of my block dice have come up push as well, which is at least better than skull or Pow/skull (given he's got loads of block and I've only got a little).

Cheers,
Martyn

[Edit: Corrected my spelling of Bob's surname. :oops: ]

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

The Enbalmed (Khemri) got off to a winning start against The Asskickers (Human)...

The Asskickers kicked off and the Embalmed's thrower started what turned out to be a string of inept pick-up's throughout the game. The Kickers rushed the Thrower but were unable to pick up the ball either. The Embalmed re-grouped and managed to foul the human Thrower out of the game. They tried to form a cage but a mummy going down on the LOS left the thrower wide open. The kickers pressured the thrower who threw an innacurate pass. The Kickers seized their opportunity and decisively threw into the Enbalmed backfield to an unmarked lineman who could not be caught before getting three points.

Only seven humans came out of the dugout for the restart. After the thrower initally being unable to pickup the ball again he eventually launched the ball forward to a Skele who managed drop it ball making a hand-off to a Blitz-Ra for a score - which brought the half to a close.

Nine Asskickers took the field for the first drive of the second half. They lined up heavy to the left leaving the other wing lightly defended. The Asskickers received and threw the ball forward to a Blitzer who punched a hole through the LOS but failed a dodge to make the break. During the melee the ball went out of bounds and was thrown nearly the width of the pitch to fall between two Skeletons. The ball was thrown forward to a wide open Skele and despite the throw being inaccurate there were no kickers around able to get close enough to stop the game being tied.

The Asskickers were still out-manned at the kickoff and the deep man was unable to pickup the ball allowing a Blitz-Ra to charge through and put a TZ on him - which he was unable to dodge out of and with time running out the Embalmed scored the decisive TD to win 6-3 (2-0 cas)

Never step onto the pitch!
Absolutely Goddamn not!
- Unless you are prepared to go all the way....
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemers Association
Commisoner of www.TRUBBL.co.uk