MBBL Season 2 starting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Massacre United have the ball and have sent another punk the the injury box!

Reason: ''
The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Update for French Woodies vs Famously Undead. The fat lady has sung, and been devoured by Lawrence Talbot. Final score 6-3 favor of the undead. Casualties were 2-1 also for the undead (Regen was successful). Due to all undead scoring being desperation plays no one on the FU got any advances tho several are close. The final 2 zombies joined the team (i have never had much luck killing opponents). This leave all future moneys for the other werewolf (no hurry till the other one gets block) and my other ghoul (also no hurry).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Massacre United have won their first game against the Terrornaki Destroyers 6-3. I tried for a kick at the end but failed a pick up ;) My Gutter Runner also got a MA upgrade w00t!!

The Lustrian team is pretty damn good, those Skinks are a pain in the ass. I think the list is a bot stronger than it appears on paper, Stunty is such an awesome trait.

Thanks to Scott King for a great game!

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I enjoyed stunty on mv 8 players very much :D . I had alot of fun with my lizardmen.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

We've hit overtime in the Damned Generations' match against the dwarves of the Ironhill Mouthsmashers. With one turn each to go after Bob ran his runner ball-carrier towards the line (which he needed to do if he was going to get there in the next turn), I managed to stun the runner with a witch elf. The ball was left on the ground with two elven tackle zones on it and I thought I'd pulled off my first ever victory against dwarves. Bob then had a superb turn. He blitzed one of the elves off the ball. Ran a blitzer into the endzone (needing to gfi to get there), picked up the ball with a runner (4+ roll, he used Sure Hands), dodged away (3+), made a gfi roll (2+), a quick pass (3+) to the blitzer who caught the ball (3+, using his last re-roll) to even the score at two touchdowns each.

Good news for the elf fans is that I am receiving in overtime.

Cheers,
Martyn

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

And thanks to Anthony for a great game (mutual appreciation all round :D )

Playing Chaos Pact against Lustrians, my comment is that the two teams seem to be fairly balanced against each other. Both teams used fairly similar tactics, and it was very even, dice rolling luck being the difference in the end I think. Of course, 1 game means that this is only a comment on the team balance, and not a conclusion. It'll be interesting to see how we go against one of the standard teams.

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Yes I think it will be more interesting when the teams are more developed. Scott basically lost blowing a GFI into the endzone and the game was pretty much even the whole way, I think I had maybe 1 or 2 more casualties.

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Scott basically lost blowing a GFI into the endzone and the game was pretty much even the whole way, I think I had maybe 1 or 2 more casualties.
Try 3 more! I got 1, you got four (1 dead, 1 SI and 2 BH) :( . If we ever rematch, I'll show you, chaosy, evil, horrible gits!

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

The dice hate me again. :(

I had the ball in my second turn of overtime. I needed to push a dwarf away from a lineman with a blitzer (2-dice block, one was Pow, so that was fine). I passed the ball to the lineman who was clear (2+ roll, I rolled 1, used my Leader re-roll to make it successful) and then the ball was caught. I then tried to hand-off to my Nerves of Steel blitzer who would blitz his was to the endzone, and I rolled another 1 on the catch roll. :pissed:

Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hmmmm

Steps back a bit.... Martyn did you really need to do all that in one turn. In O/T Elves don't have to race in a TD in one turn. Sure if you are short handed it makes sense. But if you can create a break of the Dwarf line, out running them ought to be fairly straight forward?

Sure hindsight and all that of course but what have I missed?

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Just one question.

Is it possible for a Khemri team to score 6 TDs in one match when it has been pouring with rain for all bar 2 turns?

Answers on a postcard....

Dave

PS.. it is... but I need to GFI once with no reroll... but my Mummies are definitely going to block first..... :P

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Steps back a bit.... Martyn did you really need to do all that in one turn. In O/T Elves don't have to race in a TD in one turn. Sure if you are short handed it makes sense. But if you can create a break of the Dwarf line, out running them ought to be fairly straight forward?
Erm, I thought I did. It only seemed like three 2+ rolls were really needed and surely I wouldn't get more than one 1 (given I had a re-roll available)?? The reason for doing it quickly was that I saw no way of protecting the ball carrier otherwise - all my other players were in tackle zones, and if I was going to roll a 1 on the catch roll, then I would have rolled a 1 on the dodge roll too as I attempted to protect the ball carrier.

It turned out ok though :) , Bob managed to put one more dwarf in my way, but fell over going for it trying to put another player in the way. It meant that it was quite easy for me to clear the two dwarves in the way out of the way and run in with the ball. :D :D

Hurray!!!! I've won a game against dwarves for probably the first time ever with elves. 8)

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The Gangrenettes have sent a warning out to the league. After drubbing SBG 18-0 and 5-0 in cas, for a whopping number of SPPs, the team are looking forward to their next challenge.

Great post match dice rolling has allowed a Blitz-Ra to learn Dodge, a second Blitz-Ra earned +1 AG, A Throw-Ra earned Accurate and the second Thro-Ra has got Nerves of Steel. Sadly only 2 of the Mummies have Piling On.... but 1 is only a cas away. The Fans seemed to like what they saw as more joined the supporters club after the match.

The Head Coach was heard to say "... when we take the field you better be dead before the game... if not you will be afterwards....."

Now are Galak's flings looking for trouble?

Or how about MartynQ's Elves?

Dave

PS - the dice rolls were heavily one sided for virtually all the game

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Dangerous Dave wrote: The Head Coach was heard to say "... when we take the field you better be dead before the game... if not you will be afterwards....."

OUCH! :lol:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

PS - the dice rolls were heavily one sided for virtually all the game
With totals like 18-0 and 5-0 i would sincerly hope so or the handicap table is total nonsense.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329