Strip Ball vs. Tackle

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

There's one advantage which Strip Ball has over Tackle:
If the ball carrier is stronger than your blocker and you can only manage a 2 dice opponent's choice block, with Tackle there's only an 11% chance without RR (21% with RR) of getting the ball lose (assuming the ball carrier has Block). With Strip Ball, the odds are 44% without RR (69% with RR). Therefore I'd agree with ian, especially if your league features ball carriers which are stronger then your ball extractors.

Reason: ''
Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

In my opinion, tackle is one of those skills, like block, that you can never have enough of. Sure sometimes you feel like it is a complete waste, especcially after playing several bashy teams in a row. I know that I have thoguht "Man, why did I put tackle on 4 guys, I could have gotten 4 useful skills." But when you play that one TR 200 elf team with blodge across the board you end up thinking "Man, why did I only put tackle on 4 guys. I can't knock anyone over."

If you have a ton of tackle you can really hurt the psych of an elf coach because he ends up wondering why he even bothered to put dodge on his players.

As for strip ball, two is ussually enough. I like to have one for those disadvantaged, and one die blocks, in order to free the ball. I can't think of many things my offense fears more than that +ag wardancer with stripball, even when caged up. Certainly Surehands prevents it, but I don't like to score purely with my surehands player, and often a good defense has already singled that guy(s) out before he can get protection.

And Definately, I put both Tackle and Strip ball on players. Ussually tackle first, like was already said, stripball can only be used once, per turn, on your turn. Tackle has the advantage of being used all the time, passively. I know that as soon as the game starts, that my stripballer is going to be tied up against some lion Warrior with Blodge, that my opponent has no intention of throwing the ball to, and if I don't have tackle on him, I might as well leave him in the reserve box.

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Amen

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Nothing annoys a Wood Elf player more than a whole gang of guys with Tackle...but I played against Woodies last night (lost last minute - he got to my Runner one square from the EZ and nearly went the length of the field in one turn before my attempt at a stop missed on a bad two dice block) and he was TERRIFIED of my Strip Ball Slayer (who also has Mighty blow and Guard).

As mentioned, it depends on how your opponents develop their teams (and what those teams are) as much as anything for what your best choice is. If there are no guys whith Dodge around, Tackle becomes pretty pointless.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.