Building Tournament Rosters

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Building Tournament Rosters

Post by mrinprophet »

I wasn't really sure where to put this, but here goes.
I am a bit confused about the rules for building a roster for a GW tournament. If all goes well, I plan on attending the GenCon tournament in Indy so I'm trying to figure out what team I'll bring. What I'm confused about is star players. Are they freebooted, or do they cost normal? I understand that a match cannot include the same star player playing for both sides. If both sides have the same star, what happens? Do you play without him, possibly leaving only 10 players, or do you get a rookie replacement (i.e. rookie ogre for Morg, rookie orc blitzer for Varag, etc.)?

I have all of the official teams (15), however I only have skaven, wood elf, high elf, norse, undead, and orc (thanks Norse) teams painted (I may have a lizardman team if a TalkBB member finishes by then). I have the most experience playing orcs, with skaven a distant second. I thought about playing Norse, but I just don't feel too comfortable with a tournament being the first time I give a team a try. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Depends on the tournament rules to how rosters look ;]

Star players work as it says in the rulebook funnily enough.

So unless the tournament rules say different they are freebooted in leagues and you pay full price for one off roster games. If both teams have the same one he takes the money from both teams and runs, like it says in the rulebook.

If you have questions on the tournament rules you want to email the organisers to be sure.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Most tourneys are a treated as a series of one-off games, so full price Starplayers are the regular way to go.

At the Bloodbowl i had one game with 2 Htharks watching the game from the stands :(