Skill Roll for my Goblin (Orc team)

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ludakk
Rookie
Rookie

Skill Roll for my Goblin (Orc team)

Post by Ludakk »

Hi, gents!
I was just wondering if you could tell me what to equipt my goblin with since ive gotta make a skill roll for him, I have 150k to spend and so far I've noticed that I need me another Orc Blitzer since I have noly 2 at the moment.
http://deloran777.tripod.com/Skarville_ ... ladez.html
I do have 2 goblins and wondering about getting me an Ogre in the near future but at the same time I'm not sure how to use TTM thingie, could you perhaps do a little sketch and explain where you usually put both Ogre and lil goblin what how you excecute that cool one turn TD. Where should my team go from here?
Thank you!
-L-

Reason: ''
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

On orc teams, goblins are catchers, so catch is the obvious choice. Sure feet comes next, and then either side step or sprint as a third skill. On a goblin team, goblins play defense, so it's a different story altogether and side step becomes the best choice by far.

For throw teammate, place your ogre right behind the LoS and the goblin right behind him. Place another goblin further behind in case you can't reach this one with a hand off. See where you need to throw the goblin for him to score without go for its, and aim there. If you're unlucky with scatters, he'll probably still be able to make it with go for its.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Sidestep for a normal skill, Block or Strip Ball on doubles.

You may want to consider Diving Tackle too.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Catch!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I agree that Catch is the best for Orcs right away. If you get doubles, go for Block, then Sidestep and Diving Tackle. If not, go with Sidestep and Sure Feet.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Ludakk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ludakk »

Zombie wrote:For throw teammate, place your ogre right behind the LoS and the goblin right behind him. Place another goblin further behind in case you can't reach this one with a hand off. See where you need to throw the goblin for him to score without go for its, and aim there. If you're unlucky with scatters, he'll probably still be able to make it with go for its.
Would you mind showing it to me in sketch and in your reply are you talkin about scoring 1turn TD on a very 1st turn when I'm attacking?
Zombie wrote:Place another goblin further behind in case you can't reach this one with a hand off.
I'm kind of confused about this part. Could you show an xzample? What player is trying to rich what player?

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I don't wanna make sketches, but it's easy to figure out. You place the ogre one square back from the line of scrimmage, and the goblin right behind him. Another goblin is right in the middle of your half (just far enough so the ogre can reach him with his 5 MA). Place you two throwers deep, one on each side, so that one of them can pick up the ball and hand it off to a goblin. It's best if you can reach the forward goblin, but if he's too far, give it to the other one. Then move your ogre (if necessary) and throw the little guy forward, aiming at a square 6 squares away from the opposing end zone. Have the goblin walk the rest of the way.

This is only a good tactic if you only have one turn to score. Otherwise, it's much more sound to use either a cage, or a passing play using your goblins as catchers.

Ludakk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ludakk »

Thank you very much for good pointers, I'm new so that's why my qs are silly, Sorry! Hope you won't mind more of my noob qs in the future.

kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

catch for sure!

VorTeX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by VorTeX »

Yep, catch was the choice on my goblins too and block on a double.

Let´s bowl. League, teams, pics and other stuff...
http://www.dbb-liga.de/ ...free for all.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Has to be catch, that way he's more of a threat when you send him upfield, and threaten another option from he cage